The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paint process on refurbing my chrome wheels.

krisgowing

Alright lads.

Got another thread going about the colour I'm spraying my wheels but now on to the actual work.

I've sprayed over my mates alloys before normally but not refurbed them.

I know to wash then said all the corrosion and tarnish off but then it comes to the painting.

They are chrome wheels so do I need to prime , laquer then paint? or because there's no paint originally because they are chrome i can sand then paint?

Thanks,

Oh good luck mate, i would never do another set of chrome wheels. Check my build out. Took me a month to do mine. I documented most of it.

On word of advice I would pay to get the chrome removed personally. They can reverse the process for around 50 per wheel centre.

Oh good luck mate, i would never do another set of chrome wheels. Check my build out. Took me a month to do mine. I documented most of it.

On word of advice I would pay to get the chrome removed personally. They can reverse the process for around 50 per wheel centre.

Really , that bad?

I got quoted 95ish per wheel to get them stripped and repainted but could pick some new ones for a little bit more so was just gonna hope I coulddo it myself.

Was planning on sanding them down priming , spraying then laquering. Take it from that it's too easy ha