The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worth uprating Toyota OEM brake pads for street use?

supra_24

Hey guys,

As the title states, is it worth uprating the oem Toyota brakes pads that came with my supra UK big brakes to say porterfield brake pads?

My car currently runs a twin turbo engine at 400bhp with UK spec brakes.

If I'm just using for road use with the current power level, would I benefit from the porterfield pads or are the oem Toyota pads pretty good?

Any help on this would be appreciated ;)

Regards

Ash

Never felt i needed any more stopping power than the stock UK set up so never bothered

trying other discs or pads.

Replace your brake fluid if its not been done in the past few years

Agree ^^

I've just replaced discs, pads and fluid (and front callipers) and it stops on a dime now.

It all depends on how you drive on the road,( only you know), most on here will state the speed limit being 70 so really you should never need to uprate the brakes as stock are fine, if however you like a spirited blast around your local dual carriageways every so often then standard pads, fluid and lines just don`t cut it, you need minimum braided hoses, fresh quality fluid and fast road pads, either chris wilson or porterfield are good, forget anything ebc been there tried that!