The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drove my car for first time full BPU today...

gordy.r

Well, I handed my car into GI Motorsport in Kilmarnock a few months ago to get a long list of mods, paint work and repairs done to it, one of the things being full BPU including Boost controller and FMIC.

I get the car back tomorrow (just in time for DB), but when I was dropping some new brake pads off this afternoon, I was able to take the car out for a quick spin to see what I thought....

Well was I impressed. I'd been reassured many times there was going to be a noticible difference between stock and BPU tuned TT's and it did not disappoint!

Boost was holding a good 1.2 bar occasionally spiking at 1.24 or 1.26 so may have it adjusted in time. But yeah, it put a huge smile on my face, and the noise from the double decatted Blitz NUR Spec R is amazing when giving it the beans.

Really looking forward to getting her back and having some fun in this 4 mile tunnel we've been promised on DB15! :D

P.S. Just like to add the fantastic service afforded to me at GI Motorsport, top notch guys and very knowledgable when it comes to the Supras as well! :thumbs:

Edited by gordy.r (see edit history)

It really makes some difference. I would think about leaving the boost as it is though, if it's a spike that is. I regularly hit 1.3 bar initially, with the boost controller bringing the boost down to 1.2 soon after. There's nothing to worry about at lower RPM as the turbos are efficient enough to produce a lot more boost at lower RPM than they are at higher RPM. It allows the boost to hit in a LOT harder as well.

The difference for me between running an MBC and an EBC was night and day at the same boost pressure for that very reason :)

Loved reading this! I can't wait to get mine BPU, I've finally collected all the parts, just need to find the time/money to get it fitted. I've also got a Blitz Nur Spec R waiting to go on, only ever heard it in youtube videos but it sounds amazing.

She sounds well mate :D

Glad you had the privilege of hearing her from the outside :)

I was just concentrating on keeping her on the road hahaha

(Did have to laugh at the 4 lads in the Mazda 3 that tried to 'race' me) :D

Loved reading this! I can't wait to get mine BPU, I've finally collected all the parts, just need to find the time/money to get it fitted. I've also got a Blitz Nur Spec R waiting to go on, only ever heard it in youtube videos but it sounds amazing.

do it yourself easy enough and the smile will be bigger, i done that as you hit boost