The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Undercar Neons

a98pmalcolm

I was just wondering what peoples options are on them.

Back in 2002 is was the coolest thing to do and over the past 10 years it was the in un-coolest thing to do.

I hear there coming back in..

I have never disliked them nor bothered fitting them.

Share your opinions :)

Guest Ash-IV

You say its for the kids in their one litres, but no ones going to be mugging you off about it when you smash them off the line in a 500hp beast ;-)

It has become quote uncool, but it does work on certain cars if they are built the right way.

You say its for the kids in their one litres, but no ones going to be mugging you off about it when you smash them off the line in a 500hp beast ;-)

:rlol:

Im not sure if they are coming back into fashion or not iv seen them sneak up on a few more cars lately but whether its coming back or if iv just bumped into the wrong lot I dont know, whatever you think though mate its your car and you gotta be happy with the look of it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Im not sure if they are coming back into fashion or not iv seen them sneak up on a few more cars lately but whether its coming back or if iv just bumped into the wrong lot I dont know, whatever you think though mate its your car and you gotta be happy with the look of it :)

Guest Ash-IV

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong its not for me. But cars are for drivin' ;-)

They're definitely making a re-appearance. I've seen a VW pickup with green neons, few cars with engine grill neons, few pics of cars online with neons (this year/new shoots).

Think their appearance in GTA V has boosted the image and its spreading online so the appeal of them is growing.

As above I have seen more cars with them fitted. Also making appearances again under the bonnet.

Not for me any more, did it on my last car, front, sides, and rear under car, foot wells, boot, Leds in the pillars and head rests. The thing we do when we are young. Must have looked like a carnival float lol

Guest Ec1202014

I've also seen some pop up in the last few months, and not just on little corsa's and the like.

Saw a GTR with what must have been just a few white/slightly blue led or led strip inside the bumper kind of glowing up the vent/intake. Same on the back but nothing under the sills. It actually looked quite good, wasn't F&F as such but rather tastefully done.

When TopGear have the cars sat there in the studio after a feature, they often have a blue'ish/white neon sat under the front. Well did before we lost it!

Be interesting to see if they make a come back, I think some form of them will, but not like we saw them before glowing the whole of the ground around the car in pink or great neon.

Guest Nicholas

Personal taste, I strongly dislike them but I also strongly dislike those Paul Walker tribute stickers people have. If you like them go for it, the whole point of the modified car scene is to make your car your own!

Personal taste, I strongly dislike them but I also strongly dislike those Paul Walker tribute stickers people have. If you like them go for it, the whole point of the modified car scene is to make your car your own!

Totally agree. You could always wire it to a switch and turn it on and off as you please.