The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Definate List of parts to fit a 1uz into a supra

safcdixon

What gearbox does it mount to? guessing youd need a different length propshaft?

Soarer gearbox, as far i know aslong as you use the soarer diff(it has a different flange to the supra) its a bolt in job, would be good to know 100% though

Anyone?

Engine preferebly soarer if not you need sump kit

Engine loom

Ecu

Engine mounts (different same?)

Exhaust Headers, bespoke or can you use stock ones?

Anything else needed from the v8 soarer?

AFAIK you can use the stock headers but the engine mounts are different so you will need the Soarer mounts, you will also need the AFM (the Soarer V8 ECU will work without the AFM but you will get

Depends on the gearbox you're using but if it's from a JZ you will need a bellhousing or adaptor plate. If the box is from a 2JZGTE you will need the gearbox valve assembly from a GE (or maybe from the Soarer box) for line pressure control. Either way you will need the line pressure cable.

If the box is from the Soarer you will also need the front part of the propshaft because the Soarer V8 uses a flexible coupling at the box and the boxes on the JZ engines don't. For the rear end of the prop you could shorten the Soarer rear end or use the rear end from a JDM Supra TT (the rear end from a Supra NA prop doesn't couple to the Soarer front end because the male / female splines are swapped over).

And. The engine should come from a UZZ30 (rare in the UK) or a UZZ31 Soarer. Partly because the engine from the UZZ32 Soarer is different (longer) and partly because being responsible for the scrapping of one of only 872 UZZ32s ever made should be made a capital offense.

Soarer gearbox, as far i know aslong as you use the soarer diff(it has a different flange to the supra) its a bolt in job, would be good to know 100% though

Soarer diff and all A0-- Supra diffs have the same propshaft connections and mountings only the large case (B0--) supra diff is different. The V8 Soarer diff has a different ratio (3.906) to all Supra diffs to suit the Soarer V8 engine and gearbox. For front end of propshaft, see other post.

AFAIK you can use the stock headers but the engine mounts are different so you will need the Soarer mounts, you will also need the AFM (the Soarer V8 ECU will work without the AFM but you will get

Depends on the gearbox you're using but if it's from a JZ you will need a bellhousing or adaptor plate. If the box is from a 2JZGTE you will need the gearbox valve assembly from a GE (or maybe from the Soarer box) for line pressure control. Either way you will need the line pressure cable.

If the box is from the Soarer you will also need the front part of the propshaft because the Soarer V8 uses a flexible coupling at the box and the boxes on the JZ engines don't. For the rear end of the prop you could shorten the Soarer rear end or use the rear end from a JDM Supra TT (the rear end from a Supra NA prop doesn't couple to the Soarer front end because the male / female splines are swapped over).

And. The engine should come from a UZZ30 (rare in the UK) or a UZZ31 Soarer. Partly because the engine from the UZZ32 Soarer is different (longer) and partly because being responsible for the scrapping of one of only 872 UZZ32s ever made should be made a capital offense.

Cheers for that chris :thumbs: thats answers a few of the main questions for sure, its for the missus' supra which has no ruining gear at all, would using the soarer diff work? does it have the same mounting points etc? Edit forget this bit i see youve answered that above ;)

Im thinking of buying everthing from a scrapped soarer or a one thats to far gone, id rather get everything all at once

I have a great guide that I downloaded from lextreme and the wiring pinouts for staying auto but I don't have a scanner to scan on to the computer (well I do but the computer doesn't work so I may as well have no scanner). If I get a chance to get it scanned I'll get this uploaded as the link to the wiring where I downloaded the PDF from doesn't work now

My mum has one I'll try and get round there on Sunday night :thumbs:

There's a guy on here called straight-six he is the man to speak to about the 1uz as soon as he spots this he'll fil in the blanks

Another thing needed is the internal parts from an MR2 guage cluster to make the stock clocks work on the mkiv supra

I think Shane's going to start his v8 swap soon too