The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone insured their supra on a classic car policy?

paulj1

As per title really just looking at doing mine on classic car insurance then I can use no claims on my daily bringing both costs down as my old man's porsche is on classic and they don't need no claims

I had the Supra on a multi-car but have moved it onto an agreed value (£12k) classic car policy for £220. As a stand alone I could have got it insured for £174 but on the multi-car it was £260. So a £40 saving with the added benefit of agreed value rather than market value. Insurance also covers track days.

Guest pharmed
I had the Supra on a multi-car but have moved it onto an agreed value (£12k) classic car policy for £220. As a stand alone I could have got it insured for £174 but on the multi-car it was £260. So a £40 saving with the added benefit of agreed value rather than market value. Insurance also covers track days.

Who is your insurer and how old are you btw? Any modifications?

Who is your insurer and how old are you btw? Any modifications?

Went through Heritage who arranged Chaucer insurance. I'm 55yrs with a clean record. No mods to the car beyond wheels and exhaust. Set it up on a 3,000 mile limit, was £30 more for 5,000 miles (I only did 1,100 mile last year). Excess is higher than on a non classic policy at £300. The reason I went classic was it didn't cost any more (was actually slightly cheaper) and offers the agreed value, I couldn't imagine Admiral stumping up £12k in a total loss situation.

On classic insurance here, free recovery in entire belgium & 300 km outside the borders (over entire europe is only 37 euro extra), paying 500 euros per year, i'm 20 years old (becoming 21 end of this month)

Cheers

On classic insurance here, free recovery in entire belgium & 300 km outside the borders (over entire europe is only 37 euro extra), paying 500 euros per year, i'm 20 years old (becoming 21 end of this month)

Cheers

Thats not fair! I'm same age as you turning 21. In the UK they won't cover anyone under the age of 25 under 'classic car policy'.

I'm probz going to have to add myself as a named driver with competiton car insurance under me pops name.

Edited by Supra2jze (see edit history)

Thats not fair! I'm same age as you turning 21. In the UK they won't cover anyone under the age of 25 under 'classic car policy'.

I'm probz going to have to add myself as a named driver with competiton car insurance under me pops name.

Just letting you know that's insurance fraud commonly known as fronting.

The "I wish I was older" stuff doesn't last, believe me, insurance discount or no insurance discount.... ;)

Do they need to know modifications? Or doesnt it matter as its agreed value?

They need to know and most won't cover serious power improvements. I got away with wheels and exhaust, up to BPU, Lynbrook wouldn't cover me on a single turbo conversion.

H.

Be careful with that, if they find out you drive it more then your pops, they might not cover you incase of an accident.

My main rule on insurances: if there is a way they might not pay you, they wont.

Also, i'm not lucky, i'm in belgium, not allowed to do any motor tuning, engine swaps, brake upgrades nothing lol.

• 1 month later...

Right guys insurance is up for renewal this month so I'm going to try the classic insurance route as long as they'll do it with bpu few people have said that most classic car insurance don't need no claims discount hopefully this is true as I can then use my ncd on my daily to bring that down anyone had anymore experience with classic car policy on a bpu supra recently