The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xs power turbo kit question

zaheer0027

Hello

I want to order an xs power turbo kit for my supra sz 5 Speed. I just want to know from any members on here, where did you purchase yours? Xs power website? Ss auto chrome website? Any other website?

Reason I'm asking is I've tried calling them but no answer. Also no reply to my email.

I'm thinking they closed down but I'm not sure[emoji52]

Thanks in advance for any help.

Zaheer

Most experienced members would recommend that you simply buy a cheap TT and save the hassle like I did.

I owned an NA and when I looked into it, turbo reliability seemed to be a major issue for some people. I even bought a second hand '700-1000hp rated' twin scroll XSPower turbo off ebay for £90 and whilst it looks ok quality it only has oil cooled sleeve bearings and that's not ideal. It may go on the truck eventually for a laugh.

The seller said it had too much lag bolted to his VW Corrado! :D

Thanks for the replies. The reason I want to go Nat is

1. My 2jzge only has 81000km

2. To do a tt transplant will cost 40000zar /2000£. I can go Nat for that same amount and get more power on my engine which Is still fresh considering the mileage.

3. Tt engines are a bit of a hit and miss affair. The importers say it has 70k-80k on it but there is no proof.

I had an xs kit on my old na-t for just over a year running 400hp

Turbo looked brand new when removed and it didnt have an easy life, my car had a beeR rev limiter aswell

They do not reply to email, been there done that, but they do still trade as far as im aware

For me i only used the manifold, turbo, downpipe

The rest of the kit like wastegate, oil lines etc are pretty crap

Most important for judging an engine's likely internal condition is if it was from a manual or an auto.

Autos just don't rev' very highly throughout their life compared to manuals, that are usually over-revv'ed at each gear change to allow for the drop off in rev's between gears rather than when it's best for the engine.

Manual Supras can accelerate so fast in first and second that they inevitably hit 4-5000 rev's even when being driven casually and it's incredibly habit forming and addictive.

All this increases engine wear dramatically.

Thanks for the replies. The reason I want to go Nat is

1. My 2jzge only has 81000km

2. To do a tt transplant will cost 40000zar /2000£. I can go Nat for that same amount and get more power on my engine which Is still fresh considering the mileage.

3. Tt engines are a bit of a hit and miss affair. The importers say it has 70k-80k on it but there is no proof.

An NA-T conversion for £2K?

I had an xs kit on my old na-t for just over a year running 400hp

Turbo looked brand new when removed and it didnt have an easy life, my car had a beeR rev limiter aswell

They do not reply to email, been there done that, but they do still trade as far as im aware

For me i only used the manifold, turbo, downpipe

The rest of the kit like wastegate, oil lines etc are pretty crap

Thanks for the heads up.

Just a heads up I managed to get through to xs power. Their Facebook group is XXS POWER.

Not very confusing then! :blink:

Great marketing strategy.

Not.

Maybe the name was already registered to the original company that probably went bust because it was called S Power and disgruntled employees left it and called themselves X S Power.

I used to work for an agency called XJS because two employees left their former company called JS (Employment Agency or whatever).

That doesn't make sense by the way.

Edited by Morpheus
Because it doesn't make sense. Actually it does. My bad. (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

So I got a quote and basically the shipping cost is ridiculous. It would be cheaper for me to send the kit in a 20ft container lol. So I guess that option is out.

Any other options for a decent quality budget turbo kit ?

I have already purchased my aem v2 ecu from a member for my 2jzge so there is no turning back now 😎