The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good day at Santa Pod, with a new PB

Shane

But only just!

Weather held out and it was good to see Andy, Benjy and the Baileys.

Ended up doing 8 runs, I could have done more but the wait between runs was killing me by about 4 so called it a day.

Managed a new PB of 12.83, not a great gain but a gain and thats the important thing I guess, and the car held out too so good all round.

Looking forward to going again now. Have some smaller/lighter wheels and tyres to go on the front so next time maybe I can shave a bit more off, but I do think I have just about come to the end with the present set up.

Here's a video of my best run of the day:

Nice! Looked a belter of a launch

You know how to launch that thing! The Impreza didn't seem to gain much at all on the start as you'd expect.

Cheers guys :)

I got lucky with that run really as the rest of my runs today were pretty much the same as the Impreza and around the 13.1 mark.

Was a good day yesterday! Your car is super fast for a BPU Shane :).

Our best was 12.37@124mph on 1.3bar. We need to put the drag radials on next time!

What pressure is in your radials Shane? About 17psi wasnt it?

Here's a video of our best run once we got traction.

https://vimeo.com/126730075

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

Was a good day yesterday! Your car is super fast for a BPU Shane :).

Our best was 12.37@124mph on 1.3bar. We need to put the drag radials on next time!

What pressure is in your radials Shane? About 17psi wasnt it?

Here's a video of our best run once we got traction.

https://vimeo.com/126730075

Nice, once you stop that spin you are going to be straight into the 11s. Weird isnt it, but although I was there all day with you guys and we spent time chatting, I didnt see any of your runs until just then! In fact I hardly saw any racing at all as most of the day was sat in the car waiting or chatting in the queue.

Yes gradually went down from 25 which I drove it there on and dropped down to 17. I just dont like the feel of it at high speed when its as low as that, its like a trade off, low pressure = better launch but then once you are moving it some feels a bit un-nerving at times at high speed. Last year I had a really horrible moment on one of my runs and only just held it and it has made me a bit more cautious/aware than I may have previously been. Sort of spooked me a bit I guess.

Here's yesterday's times:

Well done on the PB mate. That Scooby didn't have a very good day against Supra's, did he!? :rlol:

Here are my times. Quite consistent, and similar to yours. 0.1 of a second difference in the 60ft time on our best runs equated to your 12.8 pass! Madness!!