The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Polishing / Cleaning advice

gordy.r

Ok, so I've read a few posts, just want to confirm a few minor details....

I've got Gunk for my engine bay and exhaust, should this be wiped off the engine bay after being put on with a brush, and if so, what's the best method to do so?

Polishing - I'm looking at buying a oscillating polishing machine and wondered what's the best polish to use with it (I.e. is there a specific machine polish that should be used over a normal polish that would be put on by hand), and what sequence and or pads should I use from start to finish?

I'm not after a pro finish as I've never been one to get into doing detailing myself, normally leave it to the experts, but decided now is the time to learn and have a bash.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Hey,

Buy a normal MOP, rotary one, not a DA,

Get the 3M fast-cut plus compound, and the yellow one that goes with it (ultra fine I think)

Then the green cutting pad and the yellow polishing pad

Use the green first, put on the car and put some on the pad, slowly and carefully go over the car

Yellow second

Thanks

Alex

Hey,

Buy a normal MOP, rotary one, not a DA,

Get the 3M fast-cut plus compound, and the yellow one that goes with it (ultra fine I think)

Then the green cutting pad and the yellow polishing pad

Use the green first, put on the car and put some on the pad, slowly and carefully go over the car

Yellow second

Thanks

Alex

None DA on his first go? Stuff that, also fast cut plus isnt that a bit harsh for correction?

I was using that after i wet sanded mine