The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Issue - Check your Whifbitz Intercoolers guys

Lbooth

Finally got to the bottom of the boost issues I'd been having before selling the car; I'll let the pictures do the talking:

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

As I was lead to believe this was an improvement over the stock unit and suitable for small singles I though I'd share this for anyone else thinking they were sitting pretty having swapped out the 20 year old Toyota intercooler.

This was (it's scrap now) a 3 year old intercooler that came off a stock TT6 having covered in the region of 13k miles during that time. If you're lucky enough not to have a massive split down the weld then don't rule out it leaking from the core like this one also was.

Guessing you will still keep the pipework I would go for a ETS core got mine direct from their web site very fast shipping typical a few weeks later I found out after Lee P is a dealer for them. The quality is spot on and the core design is very similar to a Garrett.

Sorry to see you've had an issue with one of our intercoolers. This was the early type intercooler and they are a completely different design now but this is still the first failure on the early type version that we've seen so anyone else shouldn't worry too much.