The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra boost, turbo, injector and cam questions.

supra_24

Hi guys,

My supra is currently down at Whifbitz having a few bits done already, but was considering updating a few other parts to get a bit more power out of it.

My supra is actually a jspec confirmed by Paul and has double decat, 4inch exhaust, 6 speed v161 with spec stage 1 clutch and soon to have a fcd and greddy boost controller.

Basically just wanted your guys advise on the following. I'm looking to achieve 400bhp or higher.

Firstly, I'm looking into Whifbitz hybrid turbo setup to recondition my current j spec turbos and run slightly higher boost.

264 cams Whifbitz are they worth installing?

To run more boost with the hybrids I have been told I may need better injectors? Which injectors would be recommended for my setup?

Would valve spings etc need replacing?

Also I may need an ecu? I don't want to spend too much so was thinking of utilizing a greedy blue emanage system? I have read that these do well at bpu levels.

Just want to know whether these upgrades are worthwhile or would I be able to get 400bhp out of my current setup anyway?

Regards

Ashley

The stock turbos at 1.2bar should make close to 400hp.

You could fit aftermarket cams, bigger injectors, piggyback/standalone ECU (+ mapping), which would give around a 30hp increase, personally I wouldn't bother it's a lot of money for only a small gain.

I don't see hybrid turbos as a performance modification, they are an option if you blow the stock turbos. I wouldn't fit them if your stock turbos are in good working order.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Put the money for hybrids into a small single build the precision 6266 gen2 seems to be a great choice. Its what id do :)

wot else would be needed to run them different ecu fuel pump ? I know nothing about this just like going fast lol

Why don't you ask Paul for his opinion? That would be my first port of call rather than a bunch of internet yahoo's :D

I just like to get an array of peoples opinions and alot of people on here seem to know what there on about, so its all helpful info ;)

I thought that's was the idea of a forum to share thoughts and ideas I will ask Paul wen I speak to him just would be nice to know wot other people would do. I doubt I'll be able to afford anything else to be done just making conversation