The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More and more MKIV parts "from Japan only" as Belgium clears stocks.

Chris Wilson

I am seeing more and more previously 2 or 3 day lead time parts becoming "from Japan only" with 3 to 4 week lead times. Belgium is apparently clearing their MKIV stock to make room for more recent parts. I am also unofficially told that as some slow moving parts dry up in Japan they will be permanently removed form the parts price lists. We have done well for parts availability so far, looks like times may be `a changin'.

I have been using Amayama for some bits and not found any gaps yet, but parts availability is only going to go one way and I'm not sure the demand will be there for Blueprint etc to make copy parts?

It will be if they make them cheaper then Toyota

How many people would love to re do their wishbones and bushes, but don't because it's far too expensive

I experienced this when I ordered my new facelift headlights from Keiron...... one came from Belgium and the other was out of stock there and had to come from Japan. Worrying for the future for sure :(

Hopefully the cult follwing the Supra has worldwide will keep them producing new OEM parts in Japan, as there should still be plenty of demand for years to come.

The Sup needs some classic car mag features to start being recognised as a true classic. I think this would probably help the parts situation.

The Sup needs some classic car mag features to start being recognised as a true classic. I think this would probably help the parts situation.

It's getting there. I edited a column for Classic Car Weekly about the mk4 a few weeks back. The glossy mags aren't quite on the same page yet, though. I'd say it has a couple more years before the mainstream really consider it a 'classic'.

lol at some of the comments above! i sold the yachts David and moved on to private jets etc....i have one not far from where i live so can get anywhere in a hurry (to buy more supras) :p

on a more serious note......i order from toyota most days and i am finding stuff is being discontinued, and also parts that were in the uk all the time before are having to come from japan (if they have it) which can take weeks.

im stocking a lot more oem parts on shelf and collecting lots of breakers so i can supply you lot ;)

i think we should start a sticky with all the parts that we find to be now discontinued??? and keep updating it?

I just bit the bullet and bought the OEM Suspension...

The pre-facelift Front uppers are discontinued, no stock in Japan at all... Including Amayama and RHDjapan.

The rear lower link (no 1 i think, trailing arm as some call it) is also out of stock in Japan, facelift and pre-facelift...

Was only talking about this the other day. The cars are hitting the age now where they will start to get rarer as parts decrease. Many cars will get broken for bits.

Its around these times where we are going to have to start digging deep when it comes to maintenance.