The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hurro there

Guest cobz715

Guest cobz715

Hello folks,

My name is Paul and i live up in the NE of Scotland.

Recently sold my M5(E60) and am now looking for a suitable replacement to have some fun in.

Always have had my eye on a Supra TT but never committed to buying one, however it looks as though i may be heading that way now!

I have been looking at several other cars but always seem to drift back towards a Supra! :)

I have to confess i have yet to drive one or even sit in a Supra. (sad times)

So first step, join the UK club and then take it from there really!

Oh i do have one question i hope can be answered as i couldnt find a definitive answer.

How are baby seats(age 1yr+) in the back? Fit ok?

Cheers

Paul

I thought you was chinesse for a minute :D

welcome to the club, great cars you dont know what you have been missing sitting in the drivers seat with everything aimed at you is just a nice place to be ,

As for the child seat they fit but its tight for the person in front depending on how long there legs are and the babies are until the point they can fit there legs down normal , i managed / the wife in the passenger seat managed should i say as you have to move it forward and then her shins are close to the dash , the supra is not a family car if you wanted one of then you should joint the GTR forum lol

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

Hi Paul welcome to the club, you should keep an eye out on the events section and see when the next meet is that is close to you as members on here are always very helpful and would be happy to take you for a spin in one.

As for the babyseat bit I dont know that sorry but I have seen them in Supra's before so they must fit in im just not sure on how well :)

Welcome to the club! Glad to see another Grampian member, where about are you from in the area? We have a nice selection of supra's at different levels iirc

NA auto

NA 5 speed

TT auto

TT 5 speed

TT 6 speed

Single 6 speed

I will be starting the monthly meets again after dragonball, so keep an eye on the Scottish section and pop along one!

Guest cobz715

Thanks for the warm welcome!

As long as a child seat fits its all good. (deep bucket seat worried me)

I am usually the one who takes our daughter to Nursery in the morning, will rarely have a passenger so the seat being forward isnt an issue :)

We have a family car that we use at the weekends for family stuff!

I live in the Bucksburn area of Aberdeen.

Look forward to a meet, wonder if i will be able to hold off until one happens though!

Although with the wife setting my budget it may take a while, haha!

Would £7500 be realistic sum for a Supra TT manual?

Guest savage16v

Hi, I am also a newbie, much like yourself I have not been in a Supra TT (I have been in a N/A).

Good luck with your search, I will be watching with interest to see what you find :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

As long as a child seat fits its all good. (deep bucket seat worried me)

I am usually the one who takes our daughter to Nursery in the morning, will rarely have a passenger so the seat being forward isnt an issue :)

We have a family car that we use at the weekends for family stuff!

I live in the Bucksburn area of Aberdeen.

Look forward to a meet, wonder if i will be able to hold off until one happens though!

Although with the wife setting my budget it may take a while, haha!

You should be able to pick up a manual, even though it may need work done to it BUT I have seen some nice TT6's go for that price though!

Just don't rush in and buy the first one you see, take your time and find the right one!

Possible but as Alex (drift_bear) said above it may need work doing to it for that, Supra prices these days you are really buying a pile of bits that's in the form of a car and the TT engine would be worth £3k the V160 manual gearbox as a kit would be worth £4k so you got £7k alone there so ontop of that you are paying for the modifications to the vehicle so most subtly modified examples of TT6's go for around the £10k-£11k mark but it can vary massively

Good luck with your search :thumbs:

Guest cobz715

Thanks again for the info guys.

Its noted and i will keep my eyes open for a good one.

Hopefully i will be able to get a nice example within my budget! :)