The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recaro seat advice

bayside_supra

Hi everyone

I have just picked up these from Keron, very excited.

I currently have this interior less the blue door cards, they are standard now. I also have some standard rear seats to go in as well.

I plan to retrim the new seats in leather before they go in. I am thinking black leather with blue stitching and a blue embossed logo on them. Does anyone have any better/other ideas?

I was planning to have the SUPRA logo embossed on them in place of the Recaro text, but after searching the forum it would seem it is much more popular to keep the word Recaro. Would 'Supra' be a mistake? Am I better off just having Recaro in blue? Or no text?

Does anyone know any upholsterers in north London/Hertfordshire they can recommend?

Also can anyone point me in the direction of rails for sensible money? I'm hoping around £200 but I don't know how realistic this is.

This is the car btw for inspiration ;)

Edited by bayside_supra (see edit history)

You will also be helping yourself by using other seats, as the shoulder/side bolsters on these always collapse, and replacements are discontinued. The More common Recaro Speed/SR as found in various Evo's, Integra's etc are almost the same, but the bolsters are a better design, and they are replaceable.

Total no brainer IMO.

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

So what we are saying is I should just use these seats as they are or buy some others to retrim?

Does anyone know anymore about rails that won't cost me £400 ???

Whiffbitz sell them but they will cost. Recaro sell them but would need to import. have a look on eBay but they are going to cost a pretty penny :D:D

Whiffbitz sell them but they will cost. Recaro sell them but would need to import. have a look on eBay but they are going to cost a pretty penny :D:D

Whiffbitz also import them, or at least they did when I had mine off them last year so unfortunately gotta allow extra time for that ontop of delivery.

Ok well I think I have found a solution to the rails now. I can't make my mind up not the seats. I won't re-trim these now. Do I go with these as they are or buy a cheap old set to recover like these???

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291430978619

Does anyone know any upholsterers in and around North London?