The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ash's Supra Restore - Build

Guest Ash-IV

Guest Ash-IV

So a bit about the car. I got it on Saturday with 71k on the clock and only 7k since its last major service and timing belt change. A bit rough around the edges but the important boxes were ticked. This is how I got her:

So obviously the first thing on the list was removing that wing and refitting the original one which was kindly included in the sale. I pulled the interior trim out with care as the clips can snap and pushed out the badly filled spots that covered the original holes. The top part of the wing was removed but the mounts were left in place, as I don't have any filler and don't want to turn my car into a water park:

Whilst I was at the back I noticed the poor condition of the number plate, not really and issue, but it looks pants. Its going:

Further inspection showed this area were a large chip has been taken, also an attempt at body repairs has been made... well, the start of body repairs. Why would you stop half way through?...

...Because TAH DAH! Nothing says your car is really fast like yellow callipers!! Even if they are only half done, and only the fronts.

It wasn't until I got to this angle that I noticed a series of dents along the front of the bonnet... Clearly don't have enough to do yet.

Ah the inside! Worn gear knob? Ruined gaiter? Worn handbrake? Doesn't matter! £10 on yellow calliper paint was the priority!

Is your battery falling out? Unstable? Why not invest in one of our blocks o' wood!

Because bolts are too heavy and every gram counts:

So the list of work is long. I will update as new parts are done. Next step, getting rid of that front bumper. Want to swap it for a standard silver one. If anyone has one feel free to PM. Step after that? Sorting the boot lid, then we can have a look at those wheels in more detail.

Edited by Ash-IV
Because I can't spell, or use a computer. (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Guest Ash-IV

Right, before you look at the picture I need to explain something. Yes the bumper has been hand sprayed and looks... questionable... BUT. There is a reason...

Scroll up and take a look at the BOMEX bumper, feel it? That horrible feeling in your stomach as you look at it? I needed that gone! The car is being resprayed eventually anyway and I just needed it at a glance to get the response "Ah looks... alright" as opposed to "DEAR GOD MY EYES!".

So I've achieved my aim. I'll post pics when the respray is done but its months off and many a job to do until then. First though, need to sort those indicators out... erugh..

Edited by Ash-IV (see edit history)