The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which is louder? HKS Super Dragger or HKS Slient HI Power

Dim Sum

Yup there is two versions of the Super dragger.

The slimmer back box is the second gen Super dragger

Dragger Exhaust – HKS Dragger Exhaust is the first system that incorporates a seamless muffler shell, resulting in a very uniform stress distribution, and smoother construction. Each system is constructed from stainless steel piping for corrosion protection, and straight-through stainless steel muffler assembly with engraved logo and angle cut tip. HKS Dragger Exhaust has optimized piping size for each application so both power and torque can be optimized for turbocharged and naturally aspirated cars.

Dragger II Exhaust – HKS Dragger II Exhaust is the evolution of the original HKS Super Dragger Exhaust. The new HKS Dragger II Exhaust has a slim-line muffler for added ground clearance and optional silencer for noise suppression. Just like the Dragger Exhaust, each application has optimized piping size so both power and torque can be optimized for turbocharged and naturally aspirated cars.

In that case the Dragger is a good compromise..... It's reasonably civilised at idle with just a nice deep burble and then when you push the loud pedal it howls quite nicely:)....... higer pitched than say a Blitz Nur Spec and a more refined, some may say 'classy' noise, than the downright dirty, insane noise of something like a HKS Ti or Boost logic:eyebrows:.

I think the Nur Spec with the Bung is a good compromise, quiet with it fitted and Loud when not fitted.

With it fitted I end up subconciously driving faster on the motorway because I do not get any of the range of drones, therefore cant subconsciously gauge my speed

I love the noise of the Nur Spec and it's my favourite exhaust on a BPU Supra, but sadly they don't do a larger bore than 3", so it would be too restrictive with my spec (on the limit already with the draggers 3.75" and may have to move to a 4" system in the future).

The Silent Hi Power is quiet until the 2nd turbo comes in. But even then, it's not what I would class as "Loud".

If you park mine next to a car with a Super Dragger, and have them both running, it sounds like there's only one Supra running. And it's not mine. :(

I have a Decat Whifbitz exhaust on my Supra and it's very quiet. Silent at idle/coasting, burbles under light acceleration then livens up under hard acceleration. And that's with a full decat. Highly recommend it, especially if you do motorway driving.

I have driven a Nur Spec'd Supra (with cats) and that was fairly quiet, a bit more 'burbley' than the Whifbitz one but I wouldn't say it was overly obnoxious/intrusive.

EDIT: i should mention my Supra has the VVTI system, so I'm not sure if that'd make it more quiet with little to no throttle