The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My now finished Honda Chaly Project.

gavin.starr

I thought i would start a thread on my chaly build so here it is.

First off, I started the strip down in my shed as thats where the Chaly was kept.

And then into the garage, which didnt have a bench so i decided to build one.

Nice and sturdy and a vice acquired from work :D

I had some of my parts delivered like the USD forks in the pic.

my front hub a disk.

also my new exhaust.

The frame was then dropped off at the powder coaters for a candy blue covering which i think looks spot on.

I had to mess around with the castellated nut as it was too long when i put the top yoke on as I had no stem left to bolt the last nut on with.

so the lathe came in very handy here.

Usd forks on propperly now.

My wheels arrived, so i have just literally put the tyres on but havent got any pics yet.

I gave the loom another wrap to tidy it up a bit.

Ant thats where im up to at the moment. The stomp yx140 engine arrived on monday but i havent had any time with Christmas and everything so it hasn't progressed much this week.

This was the engine that was in it so can any one shed some light on what it is?

Quick update on how i have done the clutch set up.

The original clutch arm was way too long so it clashed with the side of the bike frame.

And the clutch cable bracket was facing the wrong way to wich i wanted to run it. As you can see it wants to sit inside the frame and i wanted it on the outside.

So what I did was hack saw it off and weld it onto the other side, I also had to hack saw off a section of the clutch arm to shorten it and drill a new hole for the cable holder.

Once I had none this the arm was still a little bit too long and it clashed with the engine mount bolt.

So therefore i needed to remove some of the material from the head of the bolt.

Once I hade done this it gave me ample space and the clutch operates perfectly.

I had to space the front bolt out with a stainless 10mm nut that i drilled the threads out of to make a thick washer.

And this is how it looks when its on.

and thats where im up to at the moment.

My manifold i made up.

Now when the carb is in it sits flat so no float issues.

Things are slowly progressing now, its nearly there.

Where would you guys suggest getting a new seat cover from as mine is shagged.

I Needed to make a new set of foot pegs as mine didnt fit the new engine so it was a good time to have a tinker at a bit of fabrication.

some nice slug welding, had the wire feed to fast lol.

But any way this is my new carb setup in place with the custom manifold

I made and bent a new bracket to hold my speedo cluster.

New rear light and reg holder brackets, just need painting black now.

All the rear brake setup put in place, I had to drill and tap the bracket to make place for the pedal spring.

And thats as far as im up to, The weather is far too nice to be couped up in the garage so have spent more time in the garden with beer and BBQ's haha.

- - - Updated - - -

A few more pics

I really need a shorter rear brake line as mine is about 20cm too long so I have a great big sag in the pipe which looks bloody untidy. Where would be the best place to get a new one made up?

since my last post in may this year i feel as though i have sloped off this project. Its still not finished as ive been having some wiring issues to the point i just thought sod it and have purchased a new loom from ooracing.

so hopefully this will eliminate all the problems ive been having.

I also purchased new jets and a new easy start cdi, so that should eliminate the sodding kick back this yx140 produces pretty much every time i try and start the engine.

So now its just a case of a quick strip down and install all the loom again.

Watch this space.

So the quick strip down began beginning of this week. excuse the pics they taken on my phone which isnt the best.

I had to extend the new loom in the middle as it was going to be a bit short by about a foot.

Same applied for the speedo cluster.

Loom back in the frame and engine re installed

New display mounts made and fitted.

Oil cooler bracket made. Only temporary for now as it doesn't look to pleasing so i'll tart it up at a later date.

With the new project in the background. this honda c90 used to get abused in the fields with me an my mates when we were around 12 years old. we dug it out of the shed 2 weeks ago where it has been sat for the last 18 years. Think she is going to need some TLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Then just a few final pics in the back garden over the weekend. All she needs now is tax mot and insurance and she's good to go.

The small honda family of mine.

Hope you all like it.

Gav