The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First job interview in a decade!!!!

listy

Well, as the title says, this morning I have my first job interview since I joined the Army in 2005!

Not going to lie I'm rather nervous but hopefully I can stop that showing during the interview :taped:

All being well, I get the job and it's the start of a new career in the outdoor industry.

Wish me luck!!!

Dude

You were a soldier!

Hold your head high, sit up straight, neck in the back of the collar.

Just be a soldier, it's what we are good at, and interviewers love us.

Imagine it's your SJAR with the CO.

Ask questions about the company, do some research into the company too.

I was nervous as hell, but was told at every interview I went to that I was great, interviewed well.

Unfortunately, we can be seen as either too qualified/experienced or not enough civilian experience.

Just demonstrate that we are not always at war, and that we do "normal" jobs within barracks.

That all of our experience and skill is highly transferable to the civilian sector.

But don't be put off or let down if you don't get the job.

Took me a while to get one, even though all my interviews went great.

It went really well guys. I'm really keen to work there and they seemed more interested in me than the other two candidates. Bearing in mind one turned up late, and we were told "bring something to run in" as we were taken to a point on the cliff where you can see where all the activities take place. The other two didn't bring suitable attire, whereas I had running trainers and shorts etc with me. I think it was a "gauging fitness" thing too, but on the sly ;) I was happily jogging with the guy and the other two candidates were lagging well behind, and walking at times.

Over all, and without seeming tod be big headed, from what I saw, I know who I'd employ, and it isn't them. They were both really quiet, didn't ask questions, one is fresh from college and the other isn't sure he wants it anyway.

The interviewer also took my sizes for uniform, but not the other two, so may well be a sign ;)

It went really well guys. I'm really keen to work there and they seemed more interested in me than the other two candidates. Bearing in mind one turned up late, and we were told "bring something to run in" as we were taken to a point on the cliff where you can see where all the activities take place. The other two didn't bring suitable attire, whereas I had running trainers and shorts etc with me. I think it was a "gauging fitness" thing too, but on the sly ;) I was happily jogging with the guy and the other two candidates were lagging well behind, and walking at times.

Over all, and without seeming tod be big headed, from what I saw, I know who I'd employ, and it isn't them. They were both really quiet, didn't ask questions, one is fresh from college and the other isn't sure he wants it anyway.

The interviewer also took my sizes for uniform, but not the other two, so may well be a sign ;)

well done sounds like you aced it! fingers crossed for you! I like the sound of the interview.....cliffe running :)

It's working with kids at an adventure centre, so climbing, abseiling, kayaking, trim trails, team building, sports etc

Sounds an ideal job considering your background. The other two people that were on the interview don't stand a chance. It sounds so pro-active that even after just reading what you put about them, I wouldn't want them either.

It's a nice personal morale boost having a good job interview, makes you realise you're not just good for one thing.

Well done mate. Will probably be subject to the same kind of checks that teachers go through because of your clientele. Checks usually take a few weeks and gives you time to find your feet and prove they made the right decision. Well done