The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd hand prices of v160's dont seem to bad?

crock

so i thought i'd go see my local parts counter and price up a new v160 seeing as i'm having such a chew on with mine,

i nearly had a heart attack when he told me the price...

£20,000 for the gearbox with a months lead time, i couldnt believe it, safe to say that order hasn't gone in,

however he's going to ring around and see what he can do for me, so i'll update in a few days when he gets back to me.

has anyone ever ordered one from there sucsessfuly?

i went to my toyota parts counter in stockton, normally very good on price and give me 20-30% off most orders,

but that still makes for an expensive box at £14-16k

has anyone got a facelift chassis number they are willing to PM me and i can take to my dealer then as i gave them mine which is prefacelift so will show a v160 not the v161?

all i need is the box i'm already running a TT6

Import Car Parts list them below:

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=10550&cat=89&sub=1354&sec=1562&var=32&dc=0&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

I use these for my servicing parts fine but this is obviously a bit different and the 2 month lead time would worry me as I would presume you would have to pay upfront. Lists the part number though which could be helpful.

I use these for my servicing parts fine but this is obviously a bit different and the 2 month lead time would worry me as I would presume you would have to pay upfront. Lists the part number though which could be helpful.

Hadn't noticed the part number, I'll pop back down tomorrow with that and see if that makes a difference on their system, Would be more willing to hand over a lump of cash like this with such a wait to toyota rather than an online website

Import Car Parts list them below:

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=10550&cat=89&sub=1354&sec=1562&var=32&dc=0&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

importcarparts is my local go to parts place. I would have no concerns at all buying from them. They import their wares straight from japan and alot of the time (if not all ) they can get anything quicker than the main stealers. I'm saving for a 6 speed from them

I thought they were about £5-6k from Toyota, I'm sure someone recently bought one for that price new anyway.

They are bending you over and going in dry for that price!

Yeah that was me lol for my current 93 white TT supra with W58 setup. The gearbox brand new was ordered from US and was £5100 for the V161.

You then have to purchase all the additional parts required to fit separate. So that was about another £800. As the gearbox comes completely bare.

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers for that,

I already have everythign else required so i only need the bare box,

Did you try toyota uk for a v161 before getting it from america?

how long was the delivery time?

cheers again

Yeah Toyota UK will charge through the roof I would have thought.

I went through Paul at Whifbitz and he managed to source me a new one through a company in the US who are cheaper than Japan and UK at this time.

Took a week for delivery to UK. Not bad at all.

Going down to his South Wales branch tomorrow to hand over the supra for conversion. Cannot wait :)

Give Paul a ring mate I'm sure he can sort you out.