The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1995 black/black build

Guest 1/1

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum due to my recent purchase of my 1995 n/a black/black 5spd hardtop that I believe to be a 1/1 optioned car but it is pretty rough. This is a TRUE ground up build and restoration and I want to get some opinions on what I should do with my car. The car didn't come with a engine or trans and a 1j is cheaper and still makes good power so I am concitering that and my goal power range is 550-700 hp. Also can it be swapped to a rear disc setup from a sc300, I'm familiar with both the supra and sc but I just want to make sure that would work.

Edited by 1/1 (see edit history)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 posts.

First one to dis a long standing member's pride and joy and undoubtedly one of the best examples on the road.

The second looking for assistance.

You could only be a friggin' yank.

Not to rain on your parade, but most wouldn't consider the n/a to be a proper supra, no matter wtf you do to it or how many options it came with.

Please regard the underlined carefully and use it instead of the abomination you've puked onto my screen, TWICE!

Oh, and have a nice day.

2 posts.

First one to dis a long standing member's pride and joy and undoubtedly one of the best examples on the road.

Not to rain on your parade, but most wouldn't consider the n/a to be a proper supra, no matter wtf you do to it or how many options it came with.

Please regard the underlined carefully and use it instead of the abomination you've puked onto my screen, TWICE!

Oh, and have a nice day.

Something vexes thee? :D

Check the Wangan thread :shock: (one of my favourites of all time by the way)

What I'm confused about is if this is a "TRUE ground up build" then why skimp on the engine and transmission? If you can afford a build from the ground up, you can afford to go all out, if you can't then there is no point in starting.

Ps. It's not spring break is it?

1 / 1 optioned car ?

its a black hard top N/A 5 speed must be more like 1/1000000.

if your build is going to be a complete nut and bolt rebuild then yes I would conciter it a true project concitering it has no drive train it can only be called a project or scrap metal !, I'm going to say that the wangan supra is still a propper project car because he started with a complete car doesnt mean its any less of a project and more like a feat of engineering

Edited by mellonman
poor spelling as always (see edit history)

1 / 1 optioned car ?

its a black hard top N/A 5 speed must be more like 1/1000000.

if your build is going to be a complete nut and bolt rebuild then yes I would conciter it a true project concitering it has no drive chain it can only be called a project or scrape metal !, I'm going to say that the wangan supra is still a propper project car because he started with a complete car doesnt mean its any less of a project and more like a feat of engineering

That's a bit harsh mate, it is more a 1/100000.

:D

2 posts.

Oh, and have a nice day.

Love this post :D

Guest Drewbrogan
2 posts.

Oh, and have a nice day.

That post had me laughing my arse off.