The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Talk to me about ECU setups

Tommyd16

Ok I have the majority of parts to go single now only a couple of bits left to buy. Now I just have to consider my ECU options. I have 95 TT auto going to single. I know the majority of people will say syvecs but I just can't afford it. Here I thought we could discuss piggy back options and who maps them. And also other standalone ECUs ie mega squirt or aem. Having a quick conversation with paul he told me stand alones can be wired/piggy backed on to the auto box ECU so the auto box works by the ECU as normal.

And I'm going to America for a couple of months with work soon so I could get an aem standalone out there cheaper.

But also I want to know who is single with a piggy back setup like greddy emanige or aem fic or hks and they perform.

Power goals are about 550 bhp

Cheers

There's no doubt Syvecs is expensive, but you do get a lot of extra options with it, and there are no more experienced Supra mappers than Ryan :)

Your best bet is to find a mapper you're happy to use, and ask them what they recommend.

Syvecs are pretty uncommon, so finding a cheap used one will be difficult, but other decent ECU's are more readily available second hand, such as Motec, HKS Fcon, Apexi Power FC etc.

Lyndon (nodalmighty) does EMU ecu's too, which are about half the price of Syvecs.

I have a aem fic 8 which has been running my T67 dbb for few years now, had trouble with it at the start and little help from tuners but found all the answers of the aem forum , putting my main issue being a firmware.

It happily runs my 524 bhp with 510 ftlb , but its not the best but works

If your I america the best part you could buy would be a precision engineering high stall torque converter, import and delivery on them cost the same as what the actually cost

You could have a look at the Adaptronic ECU About £1000 or so How good it is I don't know ,or how difficult it it is to fit I have the e manage blue Its ok for your power goals I would say with supporting mods,though it is a little basic My Supe has Titan cam adjusters,BC 264 cams,GT35 turbo ,short run cast manifold,screamer pipe,Turbosmart wastegate,HKS dump valve,alloy rad,oil and auto box coolers,Greddy FMIC,Aeromotive FPR,AEM AFR gauge Goes like the clappers It has RLTC and still throws the back end out without much asking Good luck

Found the emu for £600 new so may look into that

Thats all well and good but you really need someone that knows them in and out to have your car running correctly again, tuners say they can map it but put it in set it up its a different matter, you really should find a mapper you wantvand see what ecu they are happy with it will save you thousands, I have a cheap ecu but must have spent almost £1000 in trying to get the issues resloved, which I done for free in the end

There's not a lot to say really.

Syvecs is worth it, not only for the mapping resolutions, the boost control, the AFR controls, but on big power setups for the safety triggers. Oil pressure, fuel pressure, temperatures, etc.

Work out what it'd cost you if something went wrong on your build, then work out the cost of a Syvecs.

Heard good things about Link ecu's

Seen a few people running Link G4 ecu's now

As everyones already mentioned though, Syvecs is that damm good, i know if a do another build on the current supra it will be going syvecs 100%

There's not a lot to say really.

Syvecs is worth it, not only for the mapping resolutions, the boost control, the AFR controls, but on big power setups for the safety triggers. Oil pressure, fuel pressure, temperatures, etc.

Work out what it'd cost you if something went wrong on your build, then work out the cost of a Syvecs.

Bizarrely the Syvecs installers on the forum don't seem to push oil pressure sensors with Syvecs ECU's. I would consider it essential.