The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Show me you Oil cooler installs

Jellybean

Anybody have any pics of an oil cooler installed in the side passenger pod area and the AN fittings on the top, I think it may be a tight squeeze with the TRD bumper ducting

Mine is like this at the moment, was thinking of running two brackets from the sump/engine tray area up to it ; any advice or idea's welcome

Sorry last Q, can you wirelock those goodridge AN fittings?

A correctly tightened AN fitting will not come loose so long as the hose run isn't pulling it round. They do not need wire locking, Loctiting, or using with ANY kind of tape or liquid sealant.

- - - Updated - - -

Complete with custom ducting for the stock bumper:

Text book, nice job. you have even got shrink tube on the braid to stop it cutting through stuff.

You don't want it mounted in the middle behind the intercooler, we've track tested that position and it doesn't work very well at all.

Make sure it's mounted either left or right wherever there's room and try and get it in the airflow as much as possible.

+1 did this on mine between fmic and rad saw around 127c-130c on hard driving now it's mounted on the passenger side flush with the top secret bumper side pod on hard driving it's around 105c .

Mine.

attachment.php?attachmentid=200583&d=1430139056

Two things about it not strictly approved of.

No ducting on mine. But the washer bottle has since been removed leaving only the louvered lower section of the wing liner behind it. Air has nowhere else to go really.

Fittings to the bottom. But the cooler itself is mounted lower than the take-off & return on the oil cooler sandwich plate so it remains full even when there is no oil circulating.

I've never see oil temps above 110° even on a hot track day.

102.JPG

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)