The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Virgin - Hey!

Guest Ec1202014

Guest Ec1202014

Hey all,

I'm selling my Evo this week and for the last few years have looked back and forth over Supras and always bought some other Jap car - sorry!

However, I've just about convinced myself to go for the car I've wanted for too long now and before I have kids figure I may as well...

I'll be popping a wanted advert into the classified section but I will be after a (I know quite rare) Aerotop Turbo. I can't possibly give up my 400bhp Evo and not have a turbo Suppy!

Hello :)

Post up some pics of your Evo :)

What you are looking for is quite rare, the proper ones are all pre-facelift GZ automatic Supras. There are some that have been converted from non turbo (NA) Supras, and there are a handful of manual converted turbo aerotops in the UK, but it is highly unlikely you will find one.

Guest Ec1202014
Hello :)

Post up some pics of your Evo :)

What you are looking for is quite rare, the proper ones are all pre-facelift GZ automatic Supras. There are some that have been converted from non turbo (NA) Supras, and there are a handful of manual converted turbo aerotops in the UK, but it is highly unlikely you will find one.

Thanks for the welcome.

Not sure how I post pics - currently using an iPhone to view/post but will have a look to see if I can pop a pic up.

Yeah I thought it would be a tough find.

In a PERFECT world - and I've never seen one, a white Aero turbo in 6 speed would be great... However, I'm willing to put money in to something that I could get to that spec.

What are the NA's converted like? Are there generally as good as factory turbo versions? Can't imagine there's much difference once you've slapped a blower on the thing?

I know 6 speed boxes are hard to come by and expensive when they do pop up. But hey, is the cost as bad as owning an Evo?? I don't know yet!

If a white 6 speed turbo came up I could probably give up the idea of an Aero but sure do love the aero's.

Guest Ec1202014
Welcome, where about in scotland are you from? There are a few of us dotted around the aberdeen/moray area...

I'm originally from England but moved up a year ago, I'm in the Inverness area. Not seen a single Supra here yet though! Plenty of Scoobies, Evo's and Skylines though.

There are some lovely motors in Scotland...

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome, where about in scotland are you from? There are a few of us dotted around the aberdeen/moray area...

I'm originally from England but moved up a year ago, I'm in the Inverness area. Not seen a single Supra here yet though! Plenty of Scoobies, Evo's and Skylines though.

There are some lovely motors in Scotland...

Guest Ec1202014
Plenty of those up there due to the weather lol welcome to the club.

Yep - and mines coming handy a few times getting to work! And a great excuse to press the snow button! Haha

Guest Ec1202014
Nice Evo :) wish mine looked like that :D

do you absolutely have to have an aerotop? You should be able to find a good turbo 6 speed in japan without the aerotop...

Yep, it has to be an Aerotop... It goes back to the childhood with a red aero. Its a must!

There are plenty of nice TT hard tops out there which I could buy but I'll kick myself if I get one and not an Aero - so I'd be happy with a really nice NA even, and look at TT'ing in the future.

My Evo is being picked up Monday so I neeeeeeed to find the right Aero as I can't walk out the house in the morning to my bloody diesel focus sat there next to my lady's Mini Cooper and not have something Japanese sat there!

Guest Ec1202014
welcome. what is your budget, there is a white, aero tt6 single around, remember the owner possibly looking at selling it. He would easily want 20k for it.

£20k? Blimey, rare and lovely but I don't think many supras are worth twenty thousand pounds!

I haven't really set a firm budget. As for instance I would pay more for a white one than I would a red one (first two choices of colour but doesn't look like I can be picky).

I'd actually like one been messed around with the least to be honest. Nothing against 500+ bhp cars but it's something 'generally' I like having done myself so I know the build you see. Although, a white aero - I pretty much would snap anything up from an almost project car to a really nice one providing I could stomach the asking price!

I've got some cash to add to what the evo sold for so it depends what comes up. Even a nice NA is fine so long as it's a nice example and then I have a chunk of cash to throw at it straight away or an aero TT comes along and I empty the fun car fund on it...

I've just got to be patient and wait for the right one - patience is one of my worst traits mind... I need be strict with myself though.

Edited by Ec1202014 (see edit history)

£20k? Blimey, rare and lovely but I don't think many supras are worth twenty thousand pounds!

I haven't really set a firm budget. As for instance I would pay more for a white one than I would a red one (first two choices of colour but doesn't look like I can be picky).

I'd actually like one been messed around with the least to be honest. Nothing against 500+ bhp cars but it's something 'generally' I like having done myself so I know the build you see. Although, a white aero - I pretty much would snap anything up from an almost project car to a really nice one providing I could stomach the asking price!

I've got some cash to add to what the evo sold for so it depends what comes up. Even a nice NA is fine so long as it's a nice example and then I have a chunk of cash to throw at it straight away or an aero TT comes along and I empty the fun car fund on it...

I've just got to be patient and wait for the right one - patience is one of my worst traits mind... I need be strict with myself though.

Have you contacted Jurgen at JM-Imports?

Guest Ec1202014
Have you contacted Jurgen at JM-Imports?

Yep, he said he'll keep an eye out. He said they're coming up less often.

Torque GT said the same although they do come up at auction there, just not as often as the hardtops. And to be fair to both of those importers - they just don't bring crap over so unless it hits a certain grade they probably don't even bother with it.

Tough one ey - but I'm sure it'll be worth it, I'll hopefully have one for summer 2016!

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

My only advice is.... DON'T rush into buying a Supra. Be prepared to wait and pay for the spec you really want and you'll be rewarded in the end. You'll only regret it if you end up settling for something less.

My dream Supra spec was close to yours, but made even more improbable due to the fact I really wanted a TRD wide body car. After over 4 years of searching I got what I wanted in the end and I'm glad I waited :)

P.S...... I paid more than £20k for my car and the spec you describe is most definitely going to be around that price point due to it's rarity and desirability.

Edited by Phlukey (see edit history)

Guest Ec1202014
Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

My only advice is.... DON'T rush into buying a Supra. Be prepared to wait and pay for the spec you really want and you'll be rewarded in the end. You'll only regret it if you end up settling for something less.

My dream Supra spec was close to yours, but made even more improbable due to the fact I really wanted a TRD wide body car. After over 4 years of searching I got what I wanted in the end and I'm glad I waited :)

Good advise thanks bud.

Yep, I very nearly went after a nice TT hardtop the other day and talked myself out of it as I know I'll just be pissed off with myself, even more if I turn up to a meet and see an Aero sat there...

I didn't think a nice Aero NA would actually be that rare but seems although there are plenty out there, folk just like them to much to sell - understandable though.

I'll just keep checking, something will come along I'm sure.

Guest Ec1202014
There have been a few for sale. Theres an na aero up for grabs i seen a member post in one of the wanted adds he had one for sale. around 3k mark

Was it Bigman1 or something replying to a wanted thread?

I PM'd him, he replied saying he would email details. I've asked three times now and haven't had a reply, not even to say he's sold it if that was the case... Don't quite understand why people do that :rolleyes:

take a look yourself...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?319928-Another-whats-my-car-worth&highlight=aero

I have a facelift TT6 Aero and once I have the bodywork back to how it should be, I wouldn't take a penny less than £20k for it, it cost me nigh on £20k to have my BPU TT6 Aero, then it's probably got around an additional £20-£30k in it.