The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre recommendations

Josh42

Hi,

I've currently got Falken FK452's fitted to my supra, but after 10k miles, they've finally died. I've been very happy with the current tyres but unfortunately they have now been superseded.

Tyre sizes are:

Fronts - 9.5J wheel 235/40/18

Rear - 9.5J wheel 255/35/18

I'm finding a lot of the tyres previously recommended on here have been discontinued - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, Toyo T1R etc.

The car is used for fast road, commuting and social use and is an NA-T running circa 450bhp. For the minimal difference in the cost of tyres, I'm not particularly fussed as to what's cheapest, I just want plenty of grip and something that will last more than 25 mins:grin:

Currently I'm looking at the following:

Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 2

Wet weather grip - A

Fuel efficiency - E

Toyo Proxes T1-Sport

Wet weather grip - B

Fuel efficiency - E

Continental sport contact 5

Wet weather grip - A

Fuel efficiency - C

Michelin Pilot sport 3

Wet weather grip - A

Fuel efficiency - E

Falken FK453

Wet weather grip - B

Fuel efficiency - F

Anyone have experience of the above or have any other recommendations?

Edited by Josh42 (see edit history)

On camskill's site the G/Y F1 asymmetric 2 has two euro ratings for different mould versions.

One has a wet grip rating of A and the other C so look closely at what you buy

This is true I have just recently bought a set all round of the R1 version, one mould seems to be a Mercedes OE approve tyre and the other one the R1 mould has the better tyre rating.

I have done less then 500 miles on mine and also rate them highly, but now that I'm at over 700bhp I'm buying myself some R888, so if you want you can buy mine.