The mkiv Supra Owners Club

There's a 288mph Bugatti coming.

Gaz6002

Those wheels look they they were designed by a premier league footballers moll on crack.

No doubt soon to be seen in loud colurs illegally parked up outside Harrods by blokes in white robes and funny head gear :)

Thats Our Chris :rlol:

I thought VW were at a loss building these things? Looks like that wasnt the case if there making new models

VW made a loss on each one because it's a halo product. It's there to show what they can do, not to make a profit. They've got Golfs and Polos and all of the Audis for that. The idea was it was either the Veyron project or an F1 team, and I know for a fact that F1 would have cost the company more.

"This will be the new tech showcase for the VW brand - featuring cylinder deactivation, electric-actuated turbocharging and direct injection"

...ironically all of which have been available on bog-stock VAG products for years. Unless then mean a proper eBooster, which will also be available on the new Q-series well before this comes out.

Mind you it will be interesting to see how they package a DI system on that W engine cylinder head.

Maybe those that consider they have a REAL 1000BHP 2JZ-GTE engine should consider just how a single Supra rad manages it then..... ;) Either its a truly remarkable heat exchanger, or maybe some of those 1000 horses are asleep.

I think it won't be a real world problem for those engines Chris. Whatever the real power figure is, they probably wont ever do it for long enough to cause a problem, cooling wise.

50% of brake power to coolant is my usual benchmark for rad sizing.