The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Supra or supercharged vette

Guest SupraSteve19

Guest SupraSteve19

Hey I'm a newer member and newer to supras. Bought a 95 jdm twin turbo 6 speed and it's fun but power no where as near as the supercharged better I'm driving with 600whp through an ls2 and its a slight conservative tune. I bought the supra for 17,000 with 122,000 km on it. For the single setup I want will cost atleast 15k. What do u guys think u had the same proposition and could get the vette for pretty cheap would u go for the 07 c6 supercharged vette or stick with the supra and spend the money?

This is something I have been deliberating at the moment, currently have a single Supra, but considering cashing it in for a C6 Z06 and supercharging it. The vette looks and sounds better and having driven C6s before, there drivability is awesome, with exceptional grip.

This is something I have been deliberating at the moment, currently have a single Supra, but considering cashing it in for a C6 Z06 and supercharging it. The vette looks and sounds better and having driven C6s before, there drivability is awesome, with exceptional grip.

They are awesome, but they aren't really suited to our roads. I followed someone trying to hussle a C5 down one of my local back roads a few years ago, and it was just all over the place. Their width and LHD only make matters worse.

No doubt they are phenomenal on a flat road though. :cool:

A local garage (Philip Welsh near Dunnington) has a White C7 T top in at the moment.

I think you've answered your own question... It's nowhere near as powerful as the vette .... Because it isn't. A jdm twin turbo Supe came out the factory with a claimed 280ish bhp, although some claims have been made that they actually rolled out with power levels around the 326bhp mark. The vette you're comparing it to has 600rwhp! It's a different ball game, in fact league!

Yes sticking a single in will massively increase your gains in your Supe, anywhere between 550-1200+bhp depending on what set up you want and how much money you are prepare to throw at it.

I suppose it comes down to your funds and which car you really prefer driving or like the look of etc.

Oh, and welcome to the Supra forum ;)

They are awesome, but they aren't really suited to our roads. I followed someone trying to hussle a C5 down one of my local back roads a few years ago, and it was just all over the place. Their width and LHD only make matters worse.

No doubt they are phenomenal on a flat road though. :cool:

A local garage (Philip Welsh near Dunnington) has a White C7 T top in at the moment.

That's what I am afraid of, I've only ever driven them in the states, granted, I drove hard on tight and twisty roads(believe it or not, my favourite driving road is in Austin, Texas!! :D ), but they were void of bumps and potholes.

Isnt the corvette really bad build quality? Im sure i remember the Top gear review where Clarkson could push the rear bumper in with his hand.

American muscle does nothing for me, but that's just my opinion :)

Build quality is fine, the flexing bumper thing always irritates me, The corvette is an incredibly light car for its size and spec, one way it manages this is by making all the panels from fibreglass, so a by cause means that it flex's, sure, you could make it so it doesn't flex by using heavier materials or additional bracing, but this comes at a cost to the weight.

C7 Z06 is no where near in the price range of a supra even if $20k was spent on single setup and quality suspension kit and setup. C7 is more in the $70 -90K arnt they?

Id be sticking with the supra as think they look much better but have seen a few C7s whilst being here in the states and they do sound immense :D

C7 Z06 is no where near in the price range of a supra even if $20k was spent on single setup and quality suspension kit and setup. C7 is more in the $70 -90K arnt they?

Id be sticking with the supra as think they look much better but have seen a few C7s whilst being here in the states and they do sound immense :D

The OP is located in Canada and supra prices over there are a lot more than UK. If I recall good examples fetch around $30-70k depending on spec etc.

Being in the Canada having a left hand drive car on big open roads is not a problem which makes it difficult to comment. That said I remember when I lived in the US I dreamed of owning a supra as did all my friends as it was a lot more rare to see a powerful single supra than a C7.

The answer is simple Buy the Supra and fit a twin turbo stroked 7.4 LSX and TR6060 Gearbox and make 1200bhp all day. Being in Canada you should get the part for peanuts from across the border (certainly less than a Vette) best of both worlds.

Given the potential of the Supra, that would be a waste.

An RX7 however... :drool: