The mkiv Supra Owners Club

In need of an auto friend

Guest Sausage

Guest Sausage

Need a auto friend. Or more to the point some one with parts I can borrow.

Keep having a silly auto box problem

Finally got code 42 and flashing o/d light

Did the wire jump on the odometer didn't fix it did a full box oil flush and chance car drove loads better but still same problems

What it dose

Now and then the kick down stops working.

If I accelerate from 40mph to say 70 ish not hard. The car would drop down a gear till I settled my speed and change back up a gear. This don't work now

Sometimes I can floor it and I only get half the power all the way to the redline. Which is very odd

My cruise control works fine but not above 80mph. Cable very slack so guessing that's why speeds limited as it still works done to 30/40mph.

The biggest problem is none of the running faults are constant but will happen on every drive within 20mins fast or slow driving there's no set pattern as to when it happens

Why I want to borrow parts

Ecu. Mine is a mines and I've no converter or speed limiter so this could be the problem

My odo solder joints all look fine. But I have seen a black mark on the front lower left corner on the glass like something behind it has burnt out. Looks like a blown bulb dose all black.

so need to borrow an odo to try.

Other problem is the heater don't get hot. Warm that's about it. Engine bay pipes to the matrix One pipe in hot pipe out cold/warm. Temp gauge about half way once warm. Guessing matrix blocked but can this effect a temp sensor and course a running problem??

The car runs very smooth idles spot on

When the dam thing works I just want to make love to it. When it don't it's hammer time

Bpu import auto

South Yorkshire

Help please don't want to sell this one

image.jpg

image.jpg

Guest Sausage

I'm shore secand one dont come on line sometimes. But there is box issue as it's still same in ttc mode. It's just really starting to bug me so just want to remove the ecu out of the equation

Guest Sausage

As for the heater I'm gonna flow check Friday see if it's blocked or as said an air lock not that I need a heater now weather changing.

Guest Sausage

Cheers Dave shame I have to buy one to see if it's the problem. If it turns out it is tho I'll just fit the hydra ems I've sat collecting dust

J spec cruise-control ECU is limited to around 80mph?

U.K. spec cruise-control ECU is unlimited.

Here's a pic of a green U.K. unit, J spec units are cream in colour and the part no. ends in 60 I think? :think:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=137018&d=1312888677

Mine doesn't like being set over 70 :( (or at 20!) do you know if the UK unit is plug and play with the the Jspec cars?