The mkiv Supra Owners Club

not a fuel cut

ronttuk

since installing the boost controller when i floor it on a motorway my uk spec auto cuts out for a split second at high revs i thought it needed a fcd but have been told by supraloopy being a uk spec it does not need a fcd so could it be fuel pump or something else?

if you think it is fuel pump which one would i need it has, boost controller, fmic, dbl decat.

since installing the boost controller when i floor it on a motorway my uk spec auto cuts out for a split second at high revs i thought it needed a fcd but have been told by supraloopy being a uk spec it does not need a fcd so could it be fuel pump or something else?

if you think it is fuel pump which one would i need it has, boost controller, fmic, dbl decat.

So if my supra is running a UK spec TT engine I don't need a fuel cut defender?

As I have just literally bought one on the club to fit.

I was recommended one if I was running a boost controller.

Ron mine was doing this when a double decatted my UK! You defo need the fcd mate, my bet is the coil pack clips! That was why mine was just keep cutting out when pushing her hard. When I replaced the clips I removed the fcd and I was hitting fuel cut when I would spike just over 1 bar. Then put the fcd back in and ran 10 mins later no fuel cut.

Edited by shaz2010 (see edit history)

A UK spec does needs an FCD if you want to boost above 1bar (it doesn't need a restrictor ring, perhaps that's where the confusion has come from).

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

thanks for the replies, i fitted new coil pack clips and plugs last year your not the first to suggest that but it made no difference,so next is to fit the FCD but ive been told uk wiring is different so how do i get a wiring diagram for a uk spec?