The mkiv Supra Owners Club

10 Year Anniversary

ellis

It was 10 years ago today that I joined this forum.

About 10 years and 5 days ago I drunkenly put a bid on a black NA on eBay for £3800 and then slid into a Becks Vier induced coma for many, many hours. Upon regaining consciousness eBay informed me that I should be congratulated on my purchase and ought to pay the guy and pick it up! From memory it was either in Wiltshire or Warwickshire (definitely began with a 'W' though).

And so I did, with son in tow.

Supra No. 1

After a few months of being on the forum asking the same old questions about NA power increases etc the general consensus was to get a TT so this one was sold locally (still around somewhere) and so a UK Spec TT was sourced in London. Bone stock at first it then acquired CW Suspension and a full decat which transformed the car. 19" Volks wheels followed as did a sale to a guy in France who turned up with a bag of cash and 2 big mates!

How she looked when I bought her:

How she looked before she went over the Channel.

A quick play with an E46 330i bored me and so it was back to a Supra and No. 3 - sourced in Strathclyde!

After a 600 mile round trip with a brown bag full of 50s this one made it's way home.

How she looked when I bought her:

And how she looks now (until next week!)

I've made many, many good friends over the past 10 years and have had many great times at meets and, naturally, on the Dragonball. I've even grown to tolerate Burna!!! ;)

The burning question, still, after Dragonball 2011, is "What is in the big pipes?" :D

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

Wow, that means I have known you for 9 years or so (Dragonball 2006 I believe was when we met?).

I remember your UK spec clearly as it was in the best colour. I also remember the 3 lane race with the scooby and 2 supra's on the way back from DB 07 - You won I believe

What a lovely thread! It is seriously an honour knowing you, a credit to both this club & society.

Strange how many people sell and keep coming back, I think that is partly to do with this club though and frankly some of the nut jobs in it.

Probably not :(

I soooooooooo love you!! :inlove:

What a lovely thread! It is seriously an honour knowing you, a credit to both this club & society.

Strange how many people sell and keep coming back, I think that is partly to do with this club though and frankly some of the nut jobs in it.

I agree - on the nut jobs bit!

Wow, that means I have known you for 9 years or so (Dragonball 2006 I believe was when we met?).

I remember your UK spec clearly as it was in the best colour. I also remember the 3 lane race with the scooby and 2 supra's on the way back from DB 07 - You won I believe

Glad you can remember that - I struggle to remember where I live each night!

The interesting fact is that this forum, you guys and ownership of a Supra itself, has lasted longer than all 3 of my marriages combined. I'm starting to see a pattern!

I think owning a Supra is a lot like herpes - once you've got the bug, you've got it for life.

You'll get a reminder in Rotterdam, awww it'll just be like the heady days back in 06!

I remember when we got back from DB06, you called me and asked me:

" If you woke up one morning with grass stains all over your knees and elbows and a condom hanging out of your arse, would you tell anybody?"

"Of course I bloody wouldn't!" I replied.

"Oh good", you said, "want to go camping next weekend?"

Heady days, heady days!

I remember when we got back from DB06, you called me and asked me:

" If you woke up one morning with grass stains all over your knees and elbows and a condom hanging out of your arse, would you tell anybody?"

"Of course I bloody wouldn't!" I replied.

"Oh good", you said, "want to go camping next weekend?"

Heady days, heady days!

Hahahaha Quite a few members have fallen for that since! :innocent: