The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Double decat with a TRD exhaust

Farlane92

Hi folks, was looking into gradually working my supra to bpu. Unfortunately can't afford to buy a kit in a oner so will be doing it a piece at a time.

My question is will 3 inch 1st and 2nd decats fit fine with the TRD exhaust?

As pictured below the first section cat back appears to be the standard 2.5 inch pipework then the rear back box section looks the widen to 3 inch.

Also are the TRD cat back system quite rare? Haven't seen them for sale before.

The Answer is yes they should be fine.

For reference, if you fit a Second Cat and leave the First cat in you will be running just shy of 1 bar of boost, on a cold night you will hit fuel cut though.

Do you have an order of going BPU ? what are you going with first as you can fit it in stages

Didn't have a particular order in mind but thought of a FMIC or decats first but what would you recommend being best?

Have a set of ngk iridium bkr6eix-11 on order for running stock at the moment but will look at just bkr6eix once I'm nearer bpu in reference to the guide on here

Logically to keep everything safe I would go

Fuel Pump

Boost Gauge ( even if its a temp cheapy )

Second Decat ( As long as you fit a FCD before the colder nights )

FCD

Plugs

First with RR

Then a boost controller if you want more boost.

A FMIC may not be needed initially and it is a big outlay, if your current SMIC and piping is in reasonable condition then I would leave the FMIC or Up-rated SMIC to last.

Ok thanks mate. The car has came from Japan with a set of three defi gauges already(boost, oil pressure and oil temperature)

The side mount and pipework is in really good nick so will hold off on that for the time being and get the other essentials together.

Any recommendations on fuel pumps? Walbro seem the popular choice

My question is will 3 inch 1st and 2nd decats fit fine with the TRD exhaust?

As pictured below the first section cat back appears to be the standard 2.5 inch pipework then the rear back box section looks the widen to 3 inch.

The exhaust and decat flanges are the same whether the piping is 2.5" or 3" so no problem fitting 3" decats to a 2.5" exhaust.

The exhaust and decat flanges are the same whether the piping is 2.5" or 3" so no problem fitting 3" decats to a 2.5" exhaust.

Would this be the same for a 4 inch system also? Sometime in the future may look at swapping out the TRD cat back if more horse is required

Would this be the same for a 4 inch system also? Sometime in the future may look at swapping out the TRD cat back if more horse is required

It depends on the exhaust, some 4" systems use V-band flanges, in which case you'd either need an adapter between the standard 2 bolt flange and v-band flange or weld a v-band flange onto the decat pipe.