The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HDi boost controller and boost gauge

supra_24

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a boost controller and boost gauge setup for my bpu supra. I've just recently purchased a Fuel cut defender so that's all good.

However I was contemplating on purchasing a HDi boost controller and gauge after hearing good things about them on the skyline owners forum.

Some of you may have heard of them, I have been told they are an Australian based company and are quite popular over there.

Just wanted your views on the setup and wondered whether you guys had tried and tested one?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231293457188?nav=SEARCH

Ideally looking for a reasonably priced boost controller and gauge. Not looking to spend too much.

Any help appreciated :)

Regards

Ash

when i first saw the title i thought of a boost controller for a pug or shitroen diesel.

to me it looks like a china made boost controller, having said that there is some very good stuff that comes out of china as well a lot of crap.

i have never heard of them but then i am not looking for a boost controller, gauge to me looks nlce and is easy to use, but looks like it has no over boost warning and no gain control.

the gain control is use for setting how the turbo boosts. example the waste gate may have a 10psi spring but as the turbo starts to produce boost say 5psi the wastegate starts to open, i think this is called wastegate creep. now with the gain set to 100% the boost controller keeps the wastegate from seeing any boost pressure until the set pressure has been reached then opens the wastegate but there is a lot of gas to control at that point and can lead to boost spiking, overshooting boost set pressure. but gives more boost pressure earlier as the wastegate is not bleeding any pressure off until the set point.

i may be totally wrong about gain control, if i am wrong can someone edumicate me.

if you can get one that has gain control as it is useful in getting good stable boost.

regards chris.