The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where did you buy yours?

RedM

Hello,

This is my first post here. What an amazing place. Already it has sucked up so much time my gf hass taken to going "on that Supra site again?"

Anyway, I'm wanting to get a Supra. Unsure about TT or not. It also has to be an import. I had been looking at a couple of places near to Leeds but this forum has made me think twice!

So, what I'd like to know is: Of those who have an import who did you buy from? I'm wanting to get an idea of reputable places alongside the three that are mentioned on here all the time.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi RedM

I'm wondering why it has to be an import Supra? Not that there's anything up with that it's just that we usually get newbs on here saying "I want an immaculate UK TT6 in black with low milage"

If I was looking for an import at the moment I would seriously consider asking to Jurgen to source one for me.

Good luck

I bought from Paul whiffin as well, unfortunately he's a long way from you.

Used him for best part of 4 years for work as well.

Worth checking out his web site to get idea of whats about, you never know.

People have travelled a loooong way to get the one they want......

whoever you choose - there's bound to be info on here about them.....

Steve

I went to Keighley and Beeches to look at a few and was not impressed at all with either their cars or THEM. Car salesmen are usually pushing sales so hard, these guys just couldnt give a sh*t. Gave me the dirtiest look when i ask to open one up and have a look inside. Put me right off. Youre right though, all the cars i saw tehre seemed to be well tatty and well overpriced.

Gaz

Hi RedM

I'm wondering why it has to be an import Supra? Not that there's anything up with that it's just that we usually get newbs on here saying "I want an immaculate UK TT6 in black with low milage"

I've read that the work done on them in Japan is of a higher quality than you might find over here. The mileages seem to be lower on average, there is the salt issue and, unless I'm way off mark here, I believe its a lot harder to thrash your car in everyday use over there due to Japans strict road laws. I'm guessing that one could end up with a hammered track car but that could happen anywhere.

Of the ones I've looked at over here the word knackered comes to mind on viewing them. They also seem to be bog standard versions at the same price as imports but without the body kit etc. I guess the owners of all the really nice Sups aren't selling.

But, if anyone could find me an immaculate UK TT6 in black with low mileage.... :)

keighly trade centre - looked at a few there bit tatty!

beeches (1/4 mile from above) - bit better but still better off keep an eye out on here

where exactly have you looked?

Same places, a few private sales, a couple of second hand places. I notice you are from Wakey. We live in one of the little villages just outside. There was a silver Supra for sale (6995) at Riverside recently. Looked a bit tatty and lacked the TT's and for the same price I've seen better imports.

I was also going to try Distinctive cars of York but I'd like to read some personal experiences first.

I bought mine from a trade only importer (I am lucky to have friends inside the game) and have been very happy. If I was to buy again, I would certainly look to people on this BBS. jurgen, paul W and Miami GT all sell good qulaity stock and they are here - not fly by nights.

If I was you I would contact them direct and see what is available. :thumbs:

Guest Sven Siddle

Hi there everyone, Im new to this forum so go easy.

I just bought my first supe three weeks ago from Ebony & Ivory at scunthorpe its a corker. 1993, N/A, Full Body Kit & 17" split rims with new tyres and only 13k miles (yes 13,000) absolutely mint. They had some belting motors in , and not just supras, well worth a look, went originally to have a look at an rx7 but the condition of this car blew me away!!!!! hope this is some help to any future supe owner.

Guest Sven Siddle
Same places, a few private sales, a couple of second hand places. I notice you are from Wakey. We live in one of the little villages just outside. There was a silver Supra for sale (6995) at Riverside recently. Looked a bit tatty and lacked the TT's and for the same price I've seen better imports.

I was also going to try Distinctive cars of York but I'd like to read some personal experiences first.

I went to distinctive cars over xmas to lok at an mr2 turbo, all their cars were sheds from what i could see, and they seemed a bit dodgy, they said they could get me a minter if i put down a 3k deposit, I wasnt convinced.