The mkiv Supra Owners Club

eBay exhaust system

Dim Sum

Ive one on my tt full bpu, its alot quieter than my old nurspec r but louder than my sideexit system, its a nice rummble and comes alive on WOT its a good fit, weld quality for the price is good, my has slight rust spots from using it when the roads were salty, my only gripe is like the nurspec it doesn't protrude from the rear bumper enough

My main worry is would it drone like crazy while doing 70mph.

I could get a custom cat back system for £300.00 but I thought I check with the eBay for a second stainless exhaust system first but no luck.

Or I can save myself £100 and just buy the ebay. But have doubts about ebay products that's all lol.

Are you na or tt?

The 2 ive had have been great quality no problems

Last one i bought new and had 2 years and with a bee r rev limiter on my na-t it sometimes got seriously hot, never had any issues with welds and fitment was spot on

Mines going up for sale shortly as im getting a nur spec r

I have it on my NA. As quiet as you could expect from an aftermarket exhaust really when driving normally. Open it up and it does sound good.

I've got one decat and don't find it drones.

I'll second the points made above too, the welds are great quality for the price. I too have some rust spots after only 6 months but doubt it's going to eat through anytime soon haha.

Oh and the mounts on mine were crap, they snapped in days and they never seemed to fit quite right anyway

Running one on my TT6 BPU and for the money its a great exhaust. Fitment is great, and sounds pretty good too. Personally I wish it was a little louder....

There are a few sellers selling this exhaust, find one that takes offers. I got mine for 170 and have heard you can sometimes get it for less!

Have to disagree buddy, the quicker you can get exhaust gasses away from the valves/cylinder head the better. 3" exhaust systems do not make you lose power on an NA ;)

I know, but if you do enough research there always to two sides of the argument but in the end its personal preference :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Running one on my TT6 BPU and for the money its a great exhaust. Fitment is great, and sounds pretty good too. Personally I wish it was a little louder....

There are a few sellers selling this exhaust, find one that takes offers. I got mine for 170 and have heard you can sometimes get it for less!

Thanks I will go and haggle for a bit before buying :)

Have to disagree buddy, the quicker you can get exhaust gasses away from the valves/cylinder head the better. 3" exhaust systems do not make you lose power on an NA ;)

So a 6" pipe would make the NA quicker :D

You'd need to consider on the NA re back pressure, IIRC after 3" they lose more power.

Kachun - Adam Knight (Justin Biber) had one fitted and it sounded lovely, fairly quiet but it sounded nice and no drone either. If his local to you then get him to take you out in his.

You'd need to consider on the NA re back pressure, IIRC after 3" they lose more power.

Kachun - Adam Knight (Justin Biber) had one fitted and it sounded lovely, fairly quiet but it sounded nice and no drone either. If his local to you then get him to take you out in his.

Thanks buddy:thumbs:

I think I just take the dive and just buy one lol. Just hoping to reduce the noise when I go single.

I know you quieten your Supra too a little while back. What did you go for in the end?

Thanks buddy:thumbs:

I think I just take the dive and just buy one lol. Just hoping to reduce the noise when I go single.

I know you quieten your Supra too a little while back. What did you go for in the end?

Whacked a bung in and for motorway journey's it is superb! Around town it sounds like an E46 330ci so a bit boomy but still quiet. I would need to get a custom bung made though as it is a pain fitting and taking mine out.

Whacked a bung in and for motorway journey's it is superb! Around town it sounds like an E46 330ci so a bit boomy but still quiet. I would need to get a custom bung made though as it is a pain fitting and taking mine out.

Yeah, especially as its stuck now 😃

I didn't say 6" would good haha

This is where so many people are wrong....you don't want back pressure,back pressure is a bad thing even on NA's......it's not a 2 stroke it doesn't need to have scavenging effect to draw gasses out!!!!!! The less back pressure the better trust me.