The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sofa material warranties- sofa works

Tyson

Nine months ago we bought a three seater, a two seater and a cuddler swivel chair in charcoal fabric. Just spun the swivel chair around and the top half of the chair is white !!!!! The back has been facing a window but for it to loose all its colour in less than 9 months is rubbish. What are my rights here ? It came with a two year material and a life time structural warranty. I want another chair and looks like I'll have to put a cover on it but I shouldn't really have to, to me the material is obviously sub standard and not fit for purpose. Very very unhappy as it was very expensive !!!!! Will they throw some rubbish at me about sunlight and it's not their problem ? Can I fight that ?

/rant

That's a good one Mike.

I would argue that it is not fit for purpose as most sofas will be in direct sunlight at some point. Just think how many living rooms are east or south facing. Manufacturer will probably argue at first but will replace if court action is threatened. Depends on how far you want to push it. I would take them to court as you have not been irresponsible with it or left it in the garden etc.

H.

Trade and standerds, it not being fit for perpose. Email and complain. Take lots of pictures and get one of the other sofas to compare them and a overall picture of were it all is in your room. But as already said its been 9months and its alreasy lost all its colour it cant be fit for purpose. Was there any information with the chairs about how to maintain them and there colour?

Hi Bud

I do reports for manufactures and insurance for these things

Bs standards only cover for ware and clean ability not direct sunlight

Care leaflets usually say to keep out of direct sun light

I don't even think the extra warranty covers it

If from say dfs you could see if they can supply a new cover which is normally easy to fit

Just ask them for an independent repot.

Did you buy on finance or credit card ?

If so may be worth calling them also

Sorry not much help