The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adjusting Air Con on Syvecs ECU

a98pmalcolm

As its getting hotter its about time I get this sorted.

Last year my aircon didn't work. I send the map to Lee at SRD and he noticed the Syvecs wasn't turning the AC clutch on. Got the MAP downloaded to the car and hay presto it works.

But as I speed up it warms up. My only guess is its disengaging the clutch. I noticed on Scal there is Air Con speed adjustments ect..

Anyone know how to adjust these correctly?

Thanks

Paul

Edit. Ryan sorted out the air con on the map. Ahhh chilly again..

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Looking at an old map I have here there are only four functions, Engine Speed on and off, Throttle Position on and off, they are located under Output Functions / Air Con Control ;)

These will be to protect the AC Compressor, you obviously wouldn't want to run it at high RPM or full throttle.

Looking at an old map I have here there are only four functions, Engine Speed on and off, Throttle Position on and off, they are located under Output Functions / Air Con Control ;)

These will be to protect the AC Compressor, you obviously wouldn't want to run it at high RPM or full throttle.

Hi Wez. There the 4 settings I noticed too. Its those settings that I was wondering if they needed adjusting. There set pretty low ATM..

Why ever not? I believe these options to turn the compressor off are to allow maximum engine power without the drag from running the compressor. Same as active alternator control. I see no reason to use the off function in a road car.

Why ever not?

Would a high powered motor not run the risk of over speeding the compressor beyond its limits or am I being to cautious?

I certainly wouldn't have it engaged at anything over 80% throttle, I would want all the power available, not an issue for me as I have no AC :D

• 4 weeks later...