The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Registration process in Ireland (VRT) HELP!!

Supra.SZ-R

OK guys here goes again

I need help registering my Japanese Supra to Ireland

It is first however going to be registered in England first

And thus for registration in Ireland purposes should just be a matter of registering a UK car!

Is there any Irish owners out there who have recently imported a Supra to Ireland

How much we're you charged for Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT)

The calculator on the revenues page is giving me 1300 euro

Is this about right?

My car is a 1999 Supra RZ Manual

Please help if anyone knows anything

Thought you were living abroad mate hence the sale of the other one?!

Anyway when looking fr infor the other week I did find a bit on importing UK cars to Ireland just not the other way round. Seems you pay a percentage of the vehicles value.

Haha I am but this will be my holiday car in Ireland for when I'm home

Its nearly impossible to get one to Switzerland lol

I think its like 30% the value

But I'm really looking for a value

Someone who has recently done it!

Ya nothing wrong with that, i looked through the calculator and it was about that. Its when the vehicle isn't on the calculator that you get into trouble i.e. they've removed NSXs, S2000s, Skylines, etc. so they can hit you with a bill once they've worked out what is more. Usually charging 30% of the CIF(landed) price. Remember to get it done in the correct time frame too as they'll charge you penalties now if you cant prove it just entered the country.

Ya nothing wrong with that, i looked through the calculator and it was about that. Its when the vehicle isn't on the calculator that you get into trouble i.e. they've removed NSXs, S2000s, Skylines, etc. so they can hit you with a bill once they've worked out what is more. Usually charging 30% of the CIF(landed) price. Remember to get it done in the correct time frame too as they'll charge you penalties now if you cant prove it just entered the country.

So you think that should be what I'll be charged then?

When I get this horibble task completed I'm gonna do a full rite up on it

There gota be someone though who knows exactly

Gonna get my father to call them and ask for a quote maybe

Apparently it can cost a maximum of 2000 euros. I think if you import it from Japan into the UK you'll need to get it MOT'd first which means fitting a rear fog light before it can go to Ireland.. I could be completely wrong though :D

Wait a minute, hold up hold up

Wher do the stick the fog light?

They don't cut through the bumper or anything

Do UK supras have rear fog lights?

Id presume you wouldn't need it if you weren't registering it in the UK though? I presume you've paid tax and customs already as well? I've imported 3 cars in the boom time (last was in 2008) and thats the way it was back then. Although you need to bring it to an NCT centre who will look it over, they might disagree with the price on the calculator but its doubtful unless its super low mileage.

Wait a minute, hold up hold up

Wher do the stick the fog light?

They don't cut through the bumper or anything

Do UK supras have rear fog lights?

Speak to your importer as to what they'll do. I had a fog light conversion done on mine, my mates gtr had a hole cut in the bumper and a rectangular light mounted.

Id presume you wouldn't need it if you weren't registering it in the UK though? I presume you've paid tax and customs already as well? I've imported 3 cars in the boom time (last was in 2008) and thats the way it was back then. Although you need to bring it to an NCT centre who will look it over, they might disagree with the price on the calculator but its doubtful unless its super low mileage.

The tax and customs will be paid and the car registered in England, MoT'd and taxed for 6 months

What did you bring into Ireland in 08 and what did they charge you for it?

If you think they really won't charge much more than what the calculator says then I would rather register it in Ireland

If its gonna be something I'll just register it to an NI address!

Speak to your importer as to what they'll do. I had a fog light conversion done on mine, my mates gtr had a hole cut in the bumper and a rectangular light mounted.

I'll get on to them no way in hell can have them cut something into the bumper

I'll get onto them!

The tax and customs will be paid and the car registered in England, MoT'd and taxed for 6 months

What did you bring into Ireland in 08 and what did they charge you for it?

A Honda S2000 and iirc about €6000, i got money back when i challenged them though. You have to pay it first and then you can go about trying to get some refunded.

A Honda S2000 and iirc about €6000, i got money back when i challenged them though. You have to pay it first and then you can go about trying to get some refunded.

6000?

For two cars?

That is pretty bad!

Fxckin el that is shite

Nobody knows what an RZ supra is you'd think someone here has imported one?

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get it in writing in case they change their minds.... No that €6k was for one car, back when they were worth about €18/20k

I have it in Typing twice over, he said it won't change value till they review vehicles again in September!

So I'm gonna bring her in soon as

Did you get it in writing in case they change their minds.... No that €6k was for one car, back when they were worth about €18/20k

I have it in Typing twice over, he said it won't change value till they review vehicles again in September!

So I'm gonna bring her in soon as