The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Orange 6speed Turbo BPU Supra {N-STYLE}

binfieldx

I thought I would create a thread documenting the life/build status. This thread will follow the car from Japan to the UK and all the changes I plan to make on arrival. First of all, I need to make this clear

(25.04.15) This car was purchased with the sole intention of not being the same as 90% of supra out there. It's not going to be OEM style, it's not going to have a TRD wing, it's not going to have a normal front bumper or paint job... It will be something different to create some diversity! Afterall it's a japanese import and their scene is all about being different and having fun with the car!

So without further ado...

I turned 22 a few months back and decided it was time. Here is my 1995 Toyota Supra RZ 6 speed, painted in Orange (unconfirmed exact colour yet). This supra is an ex N-style-GT car that never got to see the showroom as the project was changed last minute for a different Supra. Luckily I've managed to get a bit of history with the car which is unusual for imports.

Now before I get started yes it's a Veilside and yes I do have a slight soft spot for them since the days of need for speed underground. I waited for 6 months until this came up and when I saw it I knew I wanted it. It matches my criteria of 'lary' and 'in your face' it stands out and I like that. It's different. It arrives in the UK on the 17th April 2015 (so 2 days from now) and I will continue to update this thread documenting my whole import process, all the ups and downs, potential cars I could have bought etc. Basically It's going to be extensively detailed from start till the day of sale. I am new to the supra community and hopefully one day this may benefit someone else who is about to buy or import a supra and understand what I went through with it. I suppose i'll use it as a 'blog' if you will.

Here is how it started a few years back.

And here's how it looks now

The modification list as of today-

Volks GTC 19" Deep Dish Alloys

Full official blended veilside (with slight modification to it's widebody) kit.

Full Kakimoto Exhaust system

Tein Street coilovers

Ganador Wing mirrors

Chargespeed rear wing (painted in gloss black)

Smoothed rear boot lid

Window tints

FMIC (with N-style logo)

HKS BoV (other than that and an undefined air filter the engine is stock)

Cusco front and rear anti roll bars

Sard gauges

SARD TimeAttack meter

FET Turbo timer

HKS Boost controller

(more to come)

Here are some pictures of the bodywork to date (There are LOTS of tacky bits that need removing)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The import experience

Sections

Edited by binfieldx
More info (see edit history)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

February 25th - 2015

Big stage in the import process today. The supra has been transported to the docks for shipping! Petrifying though really when you have a fully moulded kit being taken on and off of a trailer multiple times. The Tein coilovers have been raised to their maximum setting to allow minimal chance of scuffing.

Unfortunately there has been a mix up with the arrivals and my supra has to wait until the 27th for docking! Frustrating.

February 27th - 2015

The supra has been unloaded at the docks today ready for the 'roll on, roll off' docking. This basically is exactly what it is read like. The car is rolled on to the boat and then rolled off the other side (UK). There hasn't been any hiccups with this process except the date mixup for the arrivals. No damage or problems have been reported with the supra loading as well thus far which is great (they notify you of any major problems like handbrake issues or the engine not starting etc). The cars are unloaded at the docks and lined up single file to be rolled onto the boat.

There is torrential rain today and the supra is looking extremely dirty, a polish will be much needed once it arrives in the UK, that's for sure! (P.S: Dat wing be huge doe)

Interiors looking a bit tired, but who care's I'm swapping it out anyway:p

I've been left with a few extras in the supra which hopefully if they aren't stolen on the boat I can sell for a bit of extra money once it arrives!

This is some kind of japnese navigation kit which will be of no use to me, you know what they say one mans trash... It's virtually brand new and never installed!

I've also got another box of parts that of which I'm not entirely sure what it consists of. The main thing I'm interested in is the stock mirrors (and hopefully the mirror hanging cheese burger ;))

Edited by binfieldx
Minor thread adjustments (see edit history)

Yep, surprisingly everything managed to stay in the car! Unfortunately there was some damage to the paint in transit which I'm claiming back off insurance (will all be explained in a post i'll write up late with more picture etc.)

The paint is amazing! I didn't realise it had gold flakes in it. It's absolutely filthy in these pictures aswell so you can imagine how clean it will look once it's detailed!

After seeing the paint having gold flakes mixed in I'm dreading to think how much it will be to paint parts!:search:

Lovely looking car I actually don't dislike the front bumper seems to suit the car, however as others have mentioned the spoiler and eyebrows need to go :). Ff you need a good paint shop have a look at xquisite as they're not far from you. They did some work on the Do Luck Supra and seem to have done an amazing job. See post 616 in the thread, http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?268121-The-Original-quot-DO-LUCK-quot-SUPRA-thread-!!/page42

Also maybe worth contacting either Rob Mitchell at DAW or Simon at Auto Body Solutions both of which are traders on here.

Arrival Day

Well guys,

The big day has arrived. It's time to pick up the supra that I've been waiting for. I documented the whole day on video for you and cut it down. Apologies for the audio being quiet in areas I need to get an external microphone for the gopro. The day varied greatly from what I thought would happen. I thought i'd be home by 2pm (after leaving at 8.30am). Instead I arrived home at 8PM!

I'm very happy with the car overall, the paint is amazing. It glistens in the light even when it's dirty. Surprisingly everything that got sent in the car with shipping stayed in the car, the interior was also alot better than I had been told so I was quite chuffed with that.

Picking up the car was incredibly straight forward and easy. We went to the location with the collection papers, signed out the car and that was it. They bring it out 5 minutes later and you're free to take it home. The supra went straight to an import company who will now keep the car for 2-3 weeks whilst it's registered on the road, gets fully inspected MOT'd etc and has a full servicing done. I will re-update this once I've got the car back or anything major happens along the way. Anyway hope you enjoy the video and pics and I will continue to update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fTAuqe8CzY&feature=youtu.be

Cool japanese voices!

https://fbcdn-video-p-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xfp1/v/t43.1792-2/10988259_10206131393461426_1757940618_n.mp4?efg=eyJxZSI6ImZiY2RuX3ZpZGVvX3JhdGVsaW1pdF9yb2xsb3V0Mix2X3JvbGxvdXQiLCJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTAyNH0%3D&rl=1500&vabr=554&oh=843e1b1cb075fb9737eba1199b8e0956&oe=55398E6B&__gda__=1429838110_5acca6ea7a46b1016135e42c18dc0261

Here's a bit of the pipe + Bov in action

http://vid108.photobucket.com/albums/n21/binnie_2006/20150422_115317_zpsqpww4oas.mp4

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11156159_901505536538604_2042005776561316851_n.jpg?oh=1b7884cbc2db56128f8c66af1954ebe1&oe=55D2A60B&__gda__=1440310146_74f4f46b8d3f22347fbba0f3aeae5768