The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More Supras up north?

Gaz6002

I had to go to Scotland today. It was wet and cold, but the highlight was just how many Supras I saw compared to down saaaaaf. Is this a thing?

For balance, it wasn't just Supras or Scotland, but there seemed to be far more 'interesting' cars oop thar than down where I'm more familiar with. Any ideas?

Also: trains. They make you think. Especially when there is free wine.

cheaper insurance up north, especially in scotland

Well it would be rude if you lived in a crap part of Liverpool for example, and your years Supra insurance was more than the cost of buying a house...

On that basis with Scotland being more northern, it must be a bargain :D

Well it would be rude if you lived in a crap part of Liverpool for example, and your years Supra insurance was more than the cost of buying a house...

On that basis with Scotland being more northern, it must be a bargain :D

there are places in scotland, mainly the cities where its expensive but in remote places its cheap as chips, my mate lives there and insures cars for a few 100s

Interesting cars are more important to folks up my way mainly because there are less other things to distract you from spending money on your car!

Property prices are usually lower, except for around Edinburgh, and well paid jobs give folks a useful way of showing off their creativity. Having said that, most modified cars up my way tend to be the usual WRX/Evo; 'fast' Vauxhalls and the usual VAG crap.

A retired doctor locally has a nice collection of Aston Martins and Jags, I was chuffed when he saw my Supra and said 'Nice car!" :D

Translation: They need fast cars able to eat up the miles in order to come down to civilisation in a respectable time frame ;)

I know what you mean.I went to civilisation once(or as we call it localy Glasgow)it was amazing.You have to queue for cash machines,resturants,petrol,shops,and they have lights up on poles to tell you when to drive and when to stop,it was all very alien, i was glad to get home:D

90% probably were imported in England. The elite were probably built and are maintained in England as well. ;)

I've noticed the love for Supra's in England has decreased. People have moved on and seem to gush over the R34 and the GTR. I don't get it, but each to their own, I guess.