The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A word of caution on buying/selling Supra stuff at the moment

j_jza80

Just an FYI for those of you who don't use the Facebook Supra group, it seems our old friend Nizam has been up to his old tricks, and has been banned from there for conning people out of money/parts. No doubt he will try and either sign up there, or even here again under a different name.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI for those of you who don't use the Facebook Supra group, it seems our old friend Nizam has been up to his old tricks, and has been banned from there for conning people out of money/parts. No doubt he will try and either sign up there, or even here again under a different name.

How do you know he's not already here? :search:

Faking a robbery? I don't think I heard that story!

Yeah as Jason says he had sold certain parts he had for sale, a 6speed box being one of them, claimed that he had been robbed by some guy that had been to collect a part a few days earlier had returned and robbed him, he posted pics of damaged locks etc

Of course the police found the guy and all the parts and returned them within a week(ish)

I wouldn't touch that group with a barge pole. I've been tempted by a few items but I just wouldn't go through with it unless I knew the person from here. The admin seems like a complete del boy to me.

I have had a feeling that there are a few banned members doing the rounds on here for a while. Nothing other than a gut feeling, some word choice and grammar destruction has me raising my minds eyebrow though.

Dad brought a heater control panel from the Facebook supra parts page, was advertised as "Good working order" had it fitted in the car. Turns out only 3 lights work on the whole thing! The one we had before was in better condition. It was only £25 so not a big deal, but its not the point.

I'm on that group.

I'm in this forum.

It's who you're buying from, not where.

Nail on the head!

It is no different buying from the facebook page as it is on here.

This forum had no more protection than facebook.

In fact facebook is probably easier to get things sorted as you know their full name, and can easily facebook stalk them and find out where they live etc

It's all down to the seller really.