Fitting aerocatch's???

JamieP

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have noticed lift on mine it worried me at first but I just ignore it now. I think aero catches suit certain cars but on a stock bonnet /stock looking car it just does not look right . For peace of mind I replaced the whole latch/cable assembly with new Toyota parts. I did think about some sort of better safety catch maybe a clip chain, I know the bonnet would still bend being alloy but cheaper than it hitting the windscreen and roof.

Check this bonnet lift at 0.35 on

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

I followed hodges guide too.

It's really easy, just make sure you have a dremmel with decent cutting discs handy. Took me about an hour to cut the holes.

All I will say is check check and check another five times before you cut. I scrapped a bonnet because I got it a bit wrong and nothing lined up :taped:

did my mates on his RX7 with a dremel and a carbide bit he borrowed from work

never again, just take them to a body shop, they were a right pain in the arse.

but, tips:

Mask up the area + a good few inches incase of slippage

template them up and mark in place with a sharpie (template included)

drill holes around the edge of the cut and join up using a dremel and strong bit

file smooth

be aware that you'll often be cutting through 2-3 skins of bonnet so it will take a while, took me hours and hours but then again, I'm not a bodyshop guy