The mkiv Supra Owners Club

get the most out of a na

thatwhitecar

In all seriousness if this is the car you are going to turbo in a years time, then maybe it's best to start saving/collecting the parts for it now.

Are you going NA-T or a TT engine transplant?

If you are going to decat the turbo when you get it, the 2nd cat/decat is universal for both models regardless if you go NA-T or NA-TT, so in theory you "could" buy it and fit that now, although it won't make a massive difference and depending on your regulations for exhaust emissions, it may cause a problem come the MOT period, or the Oz equivalent.

The other thing worth getting is a catback exhaust, as you can use that now, and for when you turbo the car- although, if you're going to sell the current model, then I would keep the stock or current exhaust, so you can revert back for when you sell it in the future.

Going NA-T is not a cheap route and there is a lot to consider along the way: clutch/turbo kit/fitting etc. If you start modding your car in the guise it's in now you could easily spend $1000 for not much gain at all.

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

By the way i just want a nice turbo to but me and the passenger back in the seat when i put my foot down. What would be a good size turbo to go for?

The ones that come with 2JZ-GTE engine, complete with the engine attached to them. :)

The best option is usually do a TT engine transplant, or just sell the NA and buy a TT car. There are however some crazy people who go down the NA-T route, but unless you're doing all the work yourself on the cheap, I personally wouldn't bother.

The ones that come with 2JZ-GTE engine, complete with the engine attached to them. :)

The best option is usually do a TT engine transplant, or just sell the NA and buy a TT car. There are however some crazy people who go down the NA-T route, but unless you're doing all the work yourself on the cheap, I personally wouldn't bother.

This^^^^ bpu twin power is between 370-450 which on a na-t you would have to spend alot of money to make it as reliable (if thats possible) why anyone would go na-t over a true twinturbo engine is baffling, its ultimately the more powerful, cheaper and more reliable option

This^^^^ bpu twin power is between 370-450 which on a na-t you would have to spend alot of money to make it as reliable (if thats possible) why anyone would go na-t over a true twinturbo engine is baffling, its ultimately the more powerful, cheaper and more reliable option

This is my way of thinking too, costs more to go NA-T to get less. No brainer really.

Bloody hell!! Looks like i should have just waited then... Ive seen a lot of bolt on turbo kits for na supra designed specificity for the 2jz ge has any body got one on there car or know of any body that does? cause for a couple grand (diy install) if you get the gains they advertise it seems pretty worth it to me.

Search Through dr_jekyll's threads in this link hes done loads on a budget http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/search.php?searchid=4839772

Search for FOSTA on here aswell his car was a very nice na-t

Have you already bought the turbo kit like? Its not really the turbo n manifold that are the expensive bit, its all the supporting parts to make it reliable, the thing is you could do a tt swap in a weekend but build an na-t can take months of tweeking and fault finding

Personally I would just enjoy yours for what it is for a year and save up. If at the end of that time you still want more power and your car is in good condition,then you could either turbo it, or sell up and get a true TT.

You maybe seeing this and that for power gains but Whifbitzs who do a high quality NA-T kit over here, only gives you a safe 364bhp without spending even more money. If you had a true TT you could bpu it cheap, and have 400. You would be in an auto for that money though.

I'll echo what everyone else has said dude

Handling/Braking

Service and renew in and around the engine bay

You could even try and get some things on the car that will aid the turbo when you decide to go for it. Likes of an oil cooler, power steering cooler, cat back exhaust etc.

Where about in Aus are you? :)