The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many cars is too many?

rider

My Supra TT isn't getting out much these days as I've a fair collection of vehicles.

The garage, barn and drive way now has:

Toyota Supra 6sp TT (1996) - for fun

Mitsubishi L200 (2007) - for towing

Audi A3 2.0tdi (2007) - for long hauls

Vauxhall Corsa (2004) - for teaching daughter to drive

MGB Roadster (1971) - for fun

Land Rover Series 2A (!969) - for bumpy fun

I miss not having as much time to dedicate to the Supra, she's only putting on about 2k a year now, but all cars need to be used to keep them in good condition and I only travel around 8k miles a year. Is 6 being greedy, but then again I'm thinking of adding more classic cars to the collection. What to do?

Buy as many as you can sensibly afford to run in my opinion, wish I could afford to have loads of classics, the choices are hard when it comes to classics though old jap stuff, old italian, old american :drool: just the thought of it is immense, euromillions is going on tonight!

I did less than 95 miles in my Supra one year according to the mot garage and only 6,000 miles in 7 years before selling my Supra for another.

So you driving 2000 miles in a year in your's sounds pretty good :D

I have 3 cars...

If I had a Supra and did that few miles I would sell it.

If I had a Supra and did that few miles I would sell it.

I only use it for driving about in, never for commuting to the shops or work. Also it's only taxed between April-October/November time and used only on dry days. Goes to car shows, 3 Dragonballs and local meets, stops the garage blowing away too ;)

It's a waste of money, but the times I do drive it I enjoy it. Other years I owned it I did 1000 miles per year, which isn't bad as all I do is thrash it about then put it back in the garage :D

Have to waste money on something wither it's football, alcohol, smoking or drugs... I choose to waste my money on my Supra :)

I used to did about 45k miles in mine in around 3 and a bit years. Never seen the point in looking at things, either use it/crash it/sell it.... no inbetween

You should do the best of both worlds though, take drugs/booze and crash it on the way back from football whilst trying to spark up :D

I used to did about 45k miles in mine in around 3 and a bit years. Never seen the point in looking at things, either use it/crash it/sell it.... no inbetween

You should do the best of both worlds though, take drugs/booze and crash it on the way back from football whilst trying to spark up :D

You missed out fornication :)

45k miles? Bl00dy hell!!!! Would take me 45-50 years to do that in my Supra.

Lol I enjoy and appreciate sitting in, looking at and running my Supra when it's parked up in my garage over the winter months. Every spring time when it comes out again I'm excited and it's like having a new car. But I'm the first to admit that it's a huge waste of money, I'm just lucky they aren't depreciating in price :D

I'd personally get rid of the following & replace with a car which can do them all. :)

Mitsubishi L200 (2007) - for towing

Audi A3 2.0tdi (2007) - for long hauls

MGB Roadster (1971) - for fun

Land Rover Series 2A (!969) - for bumpy fun

Brought it just for the sound, NEVER selling this car, it comes out once in a blue moon and always puts a smile on my face, its a nice looking car as well !

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/tooquicktostop/TVR-2.jpg

Wow I love that, very, very nice!! :cool: :drool:

Oh I agree, TVRs have an amazing sound. Not too many about either, the odd time I do see one I put my window down to hear the roar :)

Like the TVR as a possibility, always mused over a Cerbera since they first came out but the ones I've seen the doors or bonnet fit is horrendous. Maybe a series one Mustang next or possibly a e-type roadster. I'll have to save lots of pennies for the e-type or throw in my entire car collection in part ex.

For me, if you are not driving it and it isn't stored, appreciating then it is costing you money for nothing. Time to let go.

If you can see that you will have more time in the future then I suppose you could argue to keep it.

H.

Same here, also taking into account separate road tax, insurance, maintaining the car itself. That's a large bucket which can accumulate so you can spend more on the next car.