The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saturday night special, Santa Pod

Shane

Who would be up for a mini meet at Santa pod on Saturday 2nd May?

Its the Saturday night special event on that day so the track will be open till 8PM. We have done this a few times now and its been quite good, apart from the time it flooded! But even then it was good fun up until that point.

I will be going anyhow so long as the weather is good and might be nice if we had a few cars there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the weather at the moment isn't looking too good for next weekend, though they did get it wrong for this last weekend.

Will be getting the car ready this week and if the weather is good will be there for most of the day on Saturday. Will be good to see anyone who can make it.

Also, Rushden Historical Cavalcade takes place over the whole weekend and its less than 5 miles from Pod. It's an interesting event with loads to see for petrol heads/fans of anything mechanical. Would recommend it to anyone who has the time or is thinking of stopping over.

Shane

Well the weather at the moment isn't looking too good for next weekend, though they did get it wrong for this last weekend.

Will be getting the car ready this week and if the weather is good will be there for most of the day on Saturday. Will be good to see anyone who can make it.

Also, Rushden Historical Cavalcade takes place over the whole weekend and its less than 5 miles from Pod. It's an interesting event with loads to see for petrol heads/fans of anything mechanical. Would recommend it to anyone who has the time or is thinking of stopping over.

Shane

What time would people be meeting at SantaPod and where abouts? If enough people are going I'll probably buy my ticket early

They are all pretty crap mate, they all said it was going to be a wet weekend last week and it turned out fine. I intend to get the car ready and make a decision on the day. If it still says rain is likely from 4pm on, I probably will still go though.

They are all pretty crap mate, they all said it was going to be a wet weekend last week and it turned out fine. I intend to get the car ready and make a decision on the day. If it still says rain is likely from 4pm on, I probably will still go though.

If its rain at 4pm, maybe me and dad will head up earlier, track opens at 9:30am doesnt it?

Great stuff! Aiming to beat the 12.9 time?

Well it would be nice but am going to struggle I think as I haven't really done anything with the car since then and also it takes a few runs to get back into the swing of it I always find. But it would be nice. Looking forward to seeing how yours runs now.

Well it would be nice but am going to struggle I think as I haven't really done anything with the car since then and also it takes a few runs to get back into the swing of it I always find. But it would be nice. Looking forward to seeing how yours runs now.

Do you have any tips or techniques?

Do you have any tips or techniques?

Lol, no, but I could do with some.

I was looking through my past timing slips the other night and without exception, all my best ets were when I had launched well so it just confirms its all in the launch really. My Drag tyres are getting a but thin now too though so that's not going to help, I have got another set to try, Avon semi slicks but will try them later in the year once I have finished the MTs off completely.