The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rear 18x10.5j on a et30

chazuk

How comes I run a 295 on a 10j rim with an et35 with the lip cut not rolled and I feel I need to space mine out abit

Because over the set up I have you have 15mm more room. My wheels at 18x10 et20 come to roughly the edge of the arch. plus the difference between a 265 & 295 is 30mm, divide this by 2 and you get 15mm

Edited by mattdavies
Pic added (see edit history)

How comes I run a 295 on a 10j rim with an et35 with the lip cut not rolled and I feel I need to space mine out abit

you dont need to space out your whels mate.

you need to sort your boost issue! i thought it was an NA following me the other day :haha:

Because over the set up I have you have 15mm more room. My wheels at 18x10 et20 come to roughly the edge of the arch. plus the difference between a 265 & 295 is 30mm, divide this by 2 and you get 15mm

Willtheyfit.com says compared to my Rota GTR's they'd stick out an extra 12mm, but I thought you could gain 10-15mm by rolling/flaring the arches?

Really?! When I had the car, 295's and a 10" wheel with a 35 offset were perfect (once the lips were cut). They don't need spacing dude.

attachment.php?attachmentid=175038&d=1379254565

Willtheyfit.com says compared to my Rota GTR's they'd stick out an extra 12mm, but I thought you could gain 10-15mm by rolling/flaring the arches?

Lee has a cut arch which is effectively the same. What are your GTRs width and offset ? what tyre are you running ?

Lee has a cut arch which is effectively the same. What are your GTRs width and offset ? what tyre are you running ?

8.5 front and 9.5 rear, et30 all round, 235 front and 265 rear. Would it be worth the risk buying a 295 tyre, or would it be better playing it safe and going with a 275?

I had my arches rolled Easter Monday and when I was booking it they said there's about 20mm of lip on a supra that can be rolled out of the way. I got it done as I went from 275 to 295 tyres but looking at the arches after the roll I've still got loads of room to go wider, if I wanted the expense of wider wheels.

I had my arches rolled Easter Monday and when I was booking it they said there's about 20mm of lip on a supra that can be rolled out of the way. I got it done as I went from 275 to 295 tyres but looking at the arches after the roll I've still got loads of room to go wider, if I wanted the expense of wider wheels.

What size alloys, tyres and offsets do you have? So essentially, if the wheel is gonna stick out 12mm more for me with a 295 tyre, I just need the arches rolled or cut to about 15mm...