The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Information on getting a based map

Dim Sum

I am planning to get a base map so I can drive the car to the mappers, and I aint too sure what information he needs.

The ECU in question is only a piggyback F con Pro

The engine is a UK Spec

SARD 8500cc

Precision 6755

It runs on a MAF sensor right?

Is there other details a mapper needs to get a base map?

Any help appreciated

how would you be able to upload the base map anyway , dont hks have a difficult software to get so joe public cant play with it ?

He won't be ulpoading it, I be going to the mapper and get a base map at the place :)

Oh god you definitely don't want the exhaust I'm selling them fella as it would be a big restriction for you

Okay Lee thanks for the heads up

I be going to the mapper and get a base map at the place :)

As Rick says you wont be able to drive it there , with them injectors it would be flooding the car and I doubt it would even start ,

On the other note why would your mapper be asking for a base map , If he knew what he was doing he wouldnt need it ! which would worry me ,

Thing is alot of mappers can map a car being sort timing and get correct fueling , but not so many good mappers that can actually set up the ecu for the car with correct signal and inputs required which later give problems and take a few visits to resolve .

what im saying is make sure that your mapper is comfortable with the ecu and knows the ins and outs of it , it will save you time and money

What the op means guys, is he wants to take the fcon to the mapper, and have a base map flashed to it, with the new injector values set, just to allow him to drive the car to their premises, for it to be fully mapped.

His engine is UK spec, but isn't sure if the fcon needs a map sensor input, where by, he'll have to buy an aftermarket one and plumb it into the engine, to be able to drive it. I'm not sure if the fcon works on a maf setup?

I did the exact same thing when I built my single at home. It ran a bit lumpy, but got me there, so it could be fully mapped.

He's using tdi in grays, the guys who done mine

Thats what I thought, I'm pretty sure the fcon needs a map input

Tdi can power up the ecu on the bench, and they have a base map on their software, which is factory 2jz values.

They just adjust the injector values, and possibly other settings, to allow the engine to run

Then the car can be driven there, albeit carefully, to be fully mapped

What the op means guys, is he wants to take the fcon to the mapper, and have a base map flashed to it, with the new injector values set, just to allow him to drive the car to their premises, for it to be fully mapped.

His engine is UK spec, but isn't sure if the fcon needs a map sensor input, where by, he'll have to buy an aftermarket one and plumb it into the engine, to be able to drive it. I'm not sure if the fcon works on a maf setup?

I did the exact same thing when I built my single at home. It ran a bit lumpy, but got me there, so it could be fully mapped.

He's using tdi in grays, the guys who done mine

It's a official i suck at explaining.

Yes what Gaz said, he explained it way better and described it spot on.

I wish I could explained more but i lack the knowledge.

Isn't it easier and safer to have the car transported there?

I agree entirely. From the first turn of the key the mapper needs to be right next to the engine, logged into the ecu, and monitoring all vital signs. All this base map and drive carefully to the rolling road talk makes me shudder, if you pardon the unintended pun.

If the F con is a piggyback? so its only going to need the injector size altered globally in order to run, as the std ECU takes care of the rest, so with that he can drive it there carefully for the full map.

That is exactly what i want to do since its only a piggyback.

again just not sure what other infomation thr mapper needs for me to get a flash map so i can start the car up and make sure everything is good and ready for mapping when im there

Okay think I have it sorted now.

Thanks everyone, think where I have spoken to different people in the workshop and not actually the mapper. Information was different each time, since I have spoken to Sam it makes more sense now.

Thanks again