The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New supra - The tango import RZ

binfieldx

Hi,

Thought I'd introduce myself. My names Tom and I live in Surrey (London). I currently drive a Toyota MR2 UK N/A but I recently purchased a 1995 Supra RZ TT 6sp from Japan which arrives 17th April, very excited about it! I plan to take it to Lee at SRD for a full health check once it arrives and then will be attending any meets you guys arrange!

Tom

Edited by binfieldx (see edit history)

Haha, funny you say that I've been looking around in japan for around 6 months and finally purchased a car on February 5th of this year. It's definitely not to many members tastes but I love it and I'm hoping it's sound when it lands. There's a lot I plan to change on it but I'm happy with it (so far, unless it's wafty when it arrives, never know with importing...) I guess that's all that matters!

I know its not to everyones tastes but basically its an orange veilside widebody with a few other modifications such as cusco braces, kakimoto exhaust, sard gauges, hks bov etc. The main things i want to change are the mirrors, spoiler and front bumper at the moment. Ive got big plans for it and I believe its a really good base to start on

I really dont like the veilside front bumper, im planning to change it to something else but what at the moment is the question. Im not a fan of veilside at all but for some reason i fell in love with this marmite supra. I imagine i'll end up with a frankenstein of kits together but something that works, i think it will really be trial and error. I appreciate alot of you will hate the car for the time being[GRIN] im not sure the rear bumper is veilside. I think its also chargespeed with something blended in maybe you guys could shed some light on it. The spoiler is going for an oem spoiler as will the ganador wing mirrors, wheels are definitely staying! living life on the edge a little with this car thats for sure!

DSC09104.jpg

DSC09103.jpg

DSC09101.jpg

DSC09102.jpg

DSC09114.jpg

You think your rear wing looks ugly and not to taste to the members here? Hah, try looking at mine that is also coming to me fr Japan... It has a veilside rear wing, bomex front bumper and side skirts are tje same as yours (oem?). When I posted the pics, 9 out of 10 said that the wngs gotta go :D. Yours is very timid in comparison and honestly, I like it :)

Congrats on a wild new supra. Have fun with it. Judging from the pics, the car looks well maintained :)

Thanks man, that's another thing that initially attracted me to the car it looks like it's been really well looked after. I'm not sure if anyone on here has heard of them, there is a tuner/modifying company very well known in japan called 'N-Style' I believe this was one of their previous project cars sold off for a different supra.

Thanks man! side skirts are veilside and blended into an aftermarket (not sure what) wide arch kit.

Post some of your pics!

*Edit

I just viewed your other thread with the pics in, that single turbo! :eyebrows: I like it!

Hmm, I thought these were OEM. oh well... :D

as for the Single turbo, yeah. I was dead set on getting a good supra with good auction grade, but When I saw a single turbo already in it, I just had to have it :drool: The only thing I would change in mine, is add a diffuser like yours :)

I think I found your car on the auction history:

http://auc.carauction.ge/aj_3-szQk9HsssguYVK.htm

And now that I look at it, the rear wing is indeed huge! but black on orange goes well together :D

Yep that's the bad boy :)

Currently on my list to change/do -

Remove eyelids

Rear wing back to OEM standard

Ganador Mirrors back to OEM standard

Front bumper - unsure as of yet

Remove all the tacky parts (Veilside badges/writing/stickers) + replace with OEM badges

General tidy up, underneath undersealed + full service

Seats swapped to Reclining buckets with harnesses

Edited by binfieldx (see edit history)

Another Surrey member

Nothing wrong with blended kits mate, if done right they last, Mine still perfect after 4 years

Love the car and i have always been a fan of the VS kits, mainly the early version... Nice to see a Orange Supra, we need to make a Supra Skittles pic done lol

You have any better pics of the whole car

I have the docking photos where it was raining and the car was dirty as hell so no point uploading those as it looks horrendous!

All the high quality pics I have are close-ups (ish), the only other full body ones I have are from the auctions. It's here in a few days anyway so I can take plenty then!

I haven't seen you around surrey before? I'm sure I would have noticed your car :eyebrows: