The mkiv Supra Owners Club

recommend me a good indoor car cover.

Tyson

Can you recommend me a good indoor car cover please. Now my car is tucked up in the garage I would like to keep it covered so it doesn't get covered in dust while it's in there. It's a concrete garage, will painting the floors and walls stop the dust ?

Go For a stormforce, it fits the Supra great and is a good outdoor cover aswell incase such an occasion arises.

They are notorious for rubbing paint (it's not too bad) and it seems the case with other covers too, then again being inside it shouldn't be as back as you won't get wind which moves the cover about. No way to seal the garage? Was chatting about this the other day with Rob, dust must be getting in some way.

Go For a stormforce, it fits the Supra great and is a good outdoor cover aswell incase such an occasion arises.

Already have one marc and it's too much of a faff to get on inside the garage, just need something that is easy similar to a fabric sheet as it will just be a dust cover. Best way I can describe it is like they have on films where it can be pulled straight off.

Already have one marc and it's too much of a faff to get on inside the garage, just need something that is easy similar to a fabric sheet as it will just be a dust cover. Best way I can describe it is like they have on films where it can be pulled straight off.

What about the stuff body shops use? They look like a plastic like cling film.

Thinking about it that sort of stuff will build up moisture on a warm day, not great for your paint Mike.

What about the stuff body shops use? They look like a plastic like cling film.

I would like to get some of those things as the supra sits in the garage for 6-7 months a year gathering dust

anybody got any links to where I can get some?

• 2 weeks later...

:D cling film the car

http://www.wrapfilm.com/var/wrapfilm/storage/images/product-images-datasheets/product-images/baco-professional/36b02_baco-professional-extra-thick-cling-film-45x300m-right/642-1-eng-GB/36B02_Baco-Professional-Extra-Thick-Cling-Film-45x300m-Right.jpg

joking aside there be method to this madness :) as it would be a layer between air/dust and the paint :D

I wouldn't bother, all covers do is scratch the paintwork.

Unless its being left on for any decent length of time they are a waste on money

I never really had much of a problem with scratches on mine over 4 years, although some I need to polish some minors ones out occasionally on the front and rear wings. I would never use one outdoors again as issues with trapped moisture and wind were my undoing. Eventually we had problems with the lacquer on the roof and bonnet which I am pretty sure was down to using a cover. In a garage, it would be a different matter.

There's a gap at the bottom of the door which is blowing dust into the garage

Block the gap if possible and make sure the garage is swept inside regularly. I put our Supra away in our new garage at Christmas. Came back to it a month later an could not believe the state it was in. Dust and leaves inside had been blown about through the gap under the door. I would probably have been better leaving it outside.

A thorough sweep out and tidy and I haven't had any problems with the Zed, keeping it clean.

H.

I never really had much of a problem with scratches on mine over 4 years, although some I need to polish some minors ones out occasionally on the front and rear wings. I would never use one outdoors again as issues with trapped moisture and wind were my undoing. Eventually we had problems with the lacquer on the roof and bonnet which I am pretty sure was down to using a cover. In a garage, it would be a different matter.

Block the gap if possible and make sure the garage is swept inside regularly. I put our Supra away in our new garage at Christmas. Came back to it a month later an could not believe the state it was in. Dust and leaves inside had been blown about through the gap under the door. I would probably have been better leaving it outside.

A thorough sweep out and tidy and I haven't had any problems with the Zed, keeping it clean.

H.

Going to make a home made draft excluder for a temporary fix

• 3 weeks later...

After looking at garage draft excluders it appears I already have one but it isn't fitted very well that's why it's letting a draft in. Is there any chance of getting it up or do these kits come with strong adhesive ? If I can get it up what's the best stuff to stick rubber to concrete ?