The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul walker really was one of us :)

natony

Just found this, sorry if it's a repost

Paul Walker in an interview (PASMag 2013) answering the question, “what is your favorite car from the Fast and Furious movies?”

Paul: I really like the 2JZ in the Supra. I love that motor, it’s a lot of fun. The Supras are a f*ckin’ kick in the pants. I finally got one recently — I got a ’95, a white one with really low miles — it’s got under 30,000 miles on it. It’s all stock! I’m so tempted to build that thing up because that one was really fun. Remember how ridiculous they looked with those wide body kits on the Supras? They looked mean! That car is really, really — that’s a fun car. The RB26 in the R34 is a really fun motor, although super temperamental; not nearly as reliable as the 2JZ. But an RB26, whether it’s a R32, R33 or R34 Skyline is a really fun car. I’m not a big fan of the 35, the drive itself — it’s just, I don’t know — I think it’s relatively uninspired. You just don’t have enough exhilaration, there’s not enough driver input anymore. I’m like the old school guy, I like the art of driving. And there’s no denying the way things are going, you know, with this Formula One type — whether it’s DCT or the Porsche one, the new PDK is really good — but I like the manual transmission. I just like it. And I’m disappointed to see — I know for sure that it’s going away — it’s going to be a thing of the past.

I just do not get the Paul Walker hype, he was a really bad actor and just because he loved cars he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Also all these stickers that he inspired a generation, what a load of tosh.

Don't get me wrong, very sad loss to go out like that but I just do not get it.

I just do not get the Paul Walker hype, he was a really bad actor and just because he loved cars he is the best thing since sliced bread.

As a Hollywood actor, Mr Walker was known as being a genuine decent bloke. He made time for his fans, even the paps and did a lot for charity. On top of that, he was, as the OP has said "one of us".

Paul Walker secretly bought Iraq war veteran $9,000 engagement ring for his new wife after overhearing the couple say it was too expensive

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2518156/Paul-Walker-secretly-bought-Iraq-war-veteran-9-000-wedding-ring.html#ixzz3Wia9FKxw

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There needs to be more people like him in this world not less

not to mention he is responsible for a lot of us being supra fans.

As a Hollywood actor, Mr Walker was known as being a genuine decent bloke. He made time for his fans, even the paps and did a lot for charity. On top of that, he was, as the OP has said "one of us".

Like soooo many other 'Hollywood celebs' and even not celebs but successful business people.

Paul Walker secretly bought Iraq war veteran $9,000 engagement ring for his new wife after overhearing the couple say it was too expensive

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2518156/Paul-Walker-secretly-bought-Iraq-war-veteran-9-000-wedding-ring.html#ixzz3Wia9FKxw

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There needs to be more people like him in this world not less

That is great, fantastic even not going to try and deny that. However what about the other countless people that raise thousands, hundreds of thousands for Charities that never get a mention?

not to mention he is responsible for a lot of us being supra fans.

Speak for yourself, but alas I am sure he did. Also sure that even though I am a big fan of F&F (except TD) they are probably responsible for the chav culture the Supra seems to be getting/has now.

I get that he was a great guy, but there are countless others who have done the same if not more. But it seems it is purely down to he was leading actor (if you can call it acting) in a successful franchise, again just hype.

That is great, fantastic even not going to try and deny that. However what about the other countless people that raise thousands, hundreds of thousands for Charities that never get a mention?

https://www.roww.org/

To be fair, I believe he did his fair bit without even looking for a mention.

However, I'll not defend his acting or the circumstances in which he died. Or the way he dated a 16 year old at the age of 33

He's definitely the person that influenced my love for the supra as well as being an all round admirable man. Alot of people could learn a thing or two from him... And as for his charities he never bragged about it but was simply recognised for doing alot of good. He will most definitely be missed.

Define "us". :)

In one of Ian Fleming's early Bond novels Bond was compared, by some dewy eyed bint, to an American movie star in looks. Bond decided to change his tailor and he never spoke to the woman again.....The comment caused him considerable pain.

By 'us' i mean supra fans, Of which i thought you were one Chris ? even though it must be painful admitting it ;)

Speak for yourself, but alas I am sure he did. Also sure that even though I am a big fan of F&F (except TD) they are probably responsible for the chav culture the Supra seems to be getting/has now.

I get that he was a great guy, but there are countless others who have done the same if not more. But it seems it is purely down to he was leading actor (if you can call it acting) in a successful franchise, again just hype.

I completely agree about the chav culture, yep there are many people out there with good hearts and help a lot of people.....I would be sad if we lost them too as there is a shortage of good people on this planet.

I found him to be an excellent actor, not very dimensional but solid and believable. The F&F franchise I effectively 'grew up' with and enjoyed them immensely, they're not aiming to be Oscar winning epics - they're just exciting action movies and the characters inside them have grown.

Paul Walker was very, very humble. Strikes me as the 'cool kid' who was nice to everyone regardless, and it seems everyone who worked with him only had praise and admiration.

There are better actors and perhaps more charitable people, but when a genuinely decent guy who's been a small part of your life through media for 10-15 years, you can see why people get upset - not only that he became a symbol for that 'culture' I guess. Plus the enthusiasm he had about cars was hugely contagious, I don't think I'd be half as interested in cars if it wasn't for the Fast and the Furious

Like other people said.. he was down to earth, genuine, kind. There was just something about the guy that made me respect and like him so much.

My car enthusiasm truly started with the first F&F and Paul was the guy in the Supra. Instant superhero and role model for me. :)

I've got PW tattoo'd on my but-cheeks, I will love him forever and when (in a few months) everyone's forgotten who he is I'll simply spray my orange supra black, stick some bat signals on my Nos bottles and claim my tattoo is a homage to the original batman tv series...kaPOW :cool:

He was recognised as a nice guy. The fast and furious series were exciting action films. Not too serious but great fun. His acting ability as with the rest of the cast was perfectly matched to the films and I see no problem with that. Not all actors need to put in an oscar performance to indicate a "quality film". I got my first UK TT in 1999 before the supra was brought to fame on the big screen but it was great to see it elevated in status by the series. I love the whole FF series and are torn between wanting another (FF8) and calling it a day as the finish of FF7 was a tribute to Paul and an appropriate end. The films made the supra a legend car and as time passes they will continue to appreciate as less and less are on the road. The supra is the most reliable and exhilarating car I have ever owned or driven that was engineered well ahead of its time.

Paul Walker, along with the rest of the Fast and Furious team, single-handedly turned the Toyota Supra into the iconic car that it is today - I'd love to think that it's down to Toyota's marketing and reputation (which of course it is ;) ) but the point is, if it wasn't for the Fast franchise, chances are many of us now wouldn't own a Supra as they wouldn't have had even half the exposure of when the first Fast was released.

As soon.as I saw the first f&f film in the cinema in said to my mate after we watch the film, I have got to buy me one of those! I bought myself a nice white one and played the the fast and furious sound track in it really loud! How sad am I!!

I was 11 years old when the original the fast and the furious came out and after the race with the black Ferrari I said to myself I'll get one of those when I'm older!

Paul was definitely an inspiration in all of these films aswell as being just a nice guy!

Found this video with the tribute at the end of the film with the music video to go with it.