The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet release cable

ripped_fear

So yesterday my bonnet wouldn't clip shut, I unhooked the cable off the back of the interior clip and after a bit of faffing around, I managed to get it to free off and now its working OK. :thumbs:

BUT the cable seems to have a fair amount of slack inside the cabin and I'm wondering if it has stretched over time, so is there a way of tightening it? or should it have a bit of slack anyway? It certainly feels looser than it previously did, and in comparison to my mates supra the release lever under the dash feels allot more slack.

Also where should I grease to try preventing anything from jamming in the future.

Mine went like that but it wasn't a stretched cable, it was that the bonnet catches were partly siezed and weren't fully closing so weren't taking up the slack.

All I did was coat the catches in wd40 and then kept pulling the release catch until I felt it become easier, now that return properly and take up the slack.