The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance claim incident help?

supra_24

hi guys,

As you guys may know a lady reversed into my supra at traffic lights on 9th January.

I'm with Adrian flux and wad advised to go through ULR as they work on claims on behalf of Adrian Flux.

It took up until mid march for the third party to admit liability, to which I have now received a cheque for the repairs, so I assumed everything was settled and rosy in the garden.

I then received a phone call last week from marker study who I am insured through Adrian flux to provide them with info on the incident as they were not aware of it, which I found strange. I told them that ulr had settled the claim and they said they would contact ulr to close the file.

Now today I receive a letter from marker study stating that I am to contact them asap to validate the claim.

So I gave them a ring and went through the entire incident again that happened on 9th of January. Letting them know where it happened and who was hurt, what damage was down etc.

I then had to tell them my cars mods. To which I did.

They then said that the system stated it did not reconise some of the mods declared. Which I may have honestly slipped up on and not mentioned as they were added after I had originally insured the car. Minor things like 2 seats a steering wheel and an oil cooler.

My question is where do I stand?

I thought this was all resolved but apparently not and would these minor mods that I slipped up on cause my insurance to be cancelled or anything like that?

Should I speak to Adrian flux again and state these mods and question why marker study needs all my info again?

Any help appreciated :)

Regards

Ashley

Well the thing here is that I did tell them. I try to be as honest as possible.

For some reason the mods to my engine were listed under the heading of non standard engine, which caused some confusion and bodykit heading included spoiler side skirts etc.

They also had different mods listed on there system as to what I had from one of there print outs.

They also hadn't listed my new seats which I did tell them about originally.

So quite a bit of confusion. They have now redone the list of mods and re sent it to me.

It would be quite unfair to void my policy especially if it was a case that they did not write down the mods I told them about intially.

Seems to all be ok now as they have now offered a renewal and at a decent price too ;)

See, this paragraph says otherwise:

They then said that the system stated it did not reconise some of the mods declared. Which I may have honestly slipped up on and not mentioned as they were added after I had originally insured the car. Minor things like 2 seats a steering wheel and an oil cooler.

If I were an awkward insurance company having a bad day, this is how 'minor' these things are:

Two seats - they're the things keeping you safe and secure in the car. Cheap or badly fitted seats aren't ideal in any situation.

Steering wheel - if it falls off...

Oil cooler - could easily be a fire risk, not to mention the fact that in an accident you could lose your engine if it's damaged and you'd expect to claim for it.

I'm not trying to be an idiot here, and you've clearly learnt a lesson from the situation, but it always pays to show why these things are important to insurance companies. Hopefully at least one member sees this and decides to declare everything rather than nothing :)

I see where your coming from mate and yes I hope that every member on here declares all there modifications as it does pay off in the end.

Mine however was a genuine mess up in communication.

They had every mod listed with Adrian Flux, engine, alloys, clutch, exhaust, body kit and even steering wheel.

For some reason, I had paperwork which stated only the engine, alloys, exhaust, intercooler and bodykit. But minus some of the others above and no seats, which I thought strange as I did initially tell them about all of these.

I mean as said i have talked it out with Adrian flux and marker study are happy to insure me as of now for my upcoming renewal. If it were a case of it being as issue they wouldn't allow me to do so.

So just to clarify where I thought I had skipped up on mod wise, I.e steering wheel and oil cooler etc, Adrian flux did in fact have them in there system.

The only thing they had not listed which again I had told them about previously was the seats.

im going to email sky every single mod I have and the car value, best way is to get proof. A few years ago I got done for no insurance because I took a policy out and they took monthly payments and I told them to cancel that policy and to take the payment in 1 go. What did they do? Cancel the policy and not take the payment in 1 go so basically for over 6 months I didn't have no insurance. It was partially my fault not for checking the payment went out but back then I was a student and I never bothered looking because it was always in my overdraft LOL. Anyway I managed to get out of it by producing my insurance renewal and the police just stamping it without checking LOL